Ryzen 3600 build just for fun...

Stronin

With all the recent hype surrounding new launches I wanted to put together a new build list for fun. I don't really expect to be on the market till next year at earliest but enjoyed the exercise at least. Let me know what you think. 

1. Budget & Location

$1500 as a maximum including any fees. USA. 

2. Aim

Gaming, with a focus on creative/city management titles like Surviving Mars, Satisfactory, Cities Skylines, and definitely Transport Fever 2 when it's out. 

3. Monitors

1x 27" 4k monitor @ 60fps 

4. Peripherals

Nope

5. Why are you upgrading?

Because my aging Radeon 380x is not capable of sustaining 60 fps at 4k, and my 3770k is simply rather old, but actually isn't doing too bad. 

PC Part Picker List 

partlist.png

15 hours ago, Stronin said:

With all the recent hype surrounding new launches I wanted to put together a new build list for fun. I don't really expect to be on the market till next year at earliest but enjoyed the exercise at least. Let me know what you think. 

1. Budget & Location

$1500 as a maximum including any fees. USA. 

2. Aim

Gaming, with a focus on creative/city management titles like Surviving Mars, Satisfactory, Cities Skylines, and definitely Transport Fever 2 when it's out. 

3. Monitors

1x 27" 4k monitor @ 60fps 

4. Peripherals

Nope

5. Why are you upgrading?

Because my aging Radeon 380x is not capable of sustaining 60 fps at 4k, and my 3770k is simply rather old, but actually isn't doing too bad. 

PC Part Picker List 

partlist.png

Good build, but by that time, the B570 boards might be out, in which case I would get that. No reason to get an expensive X570.

Also: you could get the 5700Xt right now, and enjoy the performance benefit now, then move it over to your new system later.

12 hours ago, maartendc said:

Good build, but by that time, the B570 boards might be out, in which case I would get that. No reason to get an expensive X570.

Also: you could get the 5700Xt right now, and enjoy the performance benefit now, then move it over to your new system later.

Yeah, I've toyed with the idea of just upgrading the gpu for now. I may end up going that route. At the least I'm going to wait until the 3rd parties start putting out 5700's with dual fan coolers. Don't care for blower cards at all.