Ryzen 3700x wont boot on ASUS x470 after BIOS Update

Go to solution Solved by Lurick,

Ummm

1 hour ago, SynisterJames said:

I'm using the MOBO HDMI out to a 1080p 60hz TV if that matters at all.

You need to use the GPU for output when the 3700X is installed

Okay, so. I bought a 3700x and an Asus ROG Strix x470-f gaming, knowing I'd have to update the BIOS. I got a 2200g for cheap and I used it for the BIOS update and to install windows, which all went off without a hitch. All of my components are recognized and functional, but when I put the 3700x back in and tried to boot, I get a whole lotta nothing. The RGBs on my mouse and keyboard turn on as they did with the 2200g right before the boot screen comes up. With the 3700x, however, that's all I got. No boot screen, no windows, nothing. To make sure I didn't mess up the MOBO during the change I tested the 2200g again and it works perfectly fine with no issue. 

I did try to boot with the 3700x before the update just to make sure I needed to, but that didn't work then either (though I wasnt expecting it to because the box didnt have the "ready for 3000" sticker)

I'm frustratingly close to having this system ready to go and I haven't found any answers in my google searches, so I'm hoping that I can get some help here.

Here's my build:

3700x (hopefully)

2200g (currently)

Asus ROG Strix x470-f gaming (bios ver 5007)

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb 3600

Radeon 5700 xt

Samsung 1T 860 EVO SSD

EVGA Supernova G3 550w.

Try running with one stick of RAM and if you have got integrated graphics, plug the GPU out. If that works, try to reinstall the BIOS and load windows. Then put the second stick of RAM and the GPU.

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

39 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

Try running with one stick of RAM and if you have got integrated graphics, plug the GPU out. If that works, try to reinstall the BIOS and load windows. Then put the second stick of RAM and the GPU.

So I attempted to boot without the GPU installed, with just about every RAM variation possible and I'm still not posting with the 3700x.

Ummm

1 hour ago, SynisterJames said:

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

34 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Ummm

Holy poop it worked. Im kicking myself because I told myself to try that but I had completely forgotten by the time I got home from work yesterday. This is my first build so it completely escaped me to try that haha.

Thanks a bunch!

Just now, SynisterJames said:

Holy poop it worked. Im kicking myself because I told myself to try that but I had completely forgotten by the time I got home from work yesterday. This is my first build so it completely escaped me to try that haha.

Thanks a bunch!

No worries, glad it was something simple to fix though :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

• 2 years later...
On 7/21/2019 at 2:54 PM, SynisterJames said:

Okay, so. I bought a 3700x and an Asus ROG Strix x470-f gaming, knowing I'd have to update the BIOS. I got a 2200g for cheap and I used it for the BIOS update and to install windows, which all went off without a hitch. All of my components are recognized and functional, but when I put the 3700x back in and tried to boot, I get a whole lotta nothing. The RGBs on my mouse and keyboard turn on as they did with the 2200g right before the boot screen comes up. With the 3700x, however, that's all I got. No boot screen, no windows, nothing. To make sure I didn't mess up the MOBO during the change I tested the 2200g again and it works perfectly fine with no issue. 

I did try to boot with the 3700x before the update just to make sure I needed to, but that didn't work then either (though I wasnt expecting it to because the box didnt have the "ready for 3000" sticker)

I'm frustratingly close to having this system ready to go and I haven't found any answers in my google searches, so I'm hoping that I can get some help here.

Here's my build:

3700x (hopefully)

2200g (currently)

Asus ROG Strix x470-f gaming (bios ver 5007)

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb 3600

Radeon 5700 xt

Samsung 1T 860 EVO SSD

EVGA Supernova G3 550w.

i've got a 3700x arriving today with the same board 

are you still running bios 5007 or did you update? 
is it stable (any issues)