Should I keep using this HDD? More info below... Pls read :)

Backstory: Some of my apps got corrupted, I couldn't print, open some apps, and other stuff. My HDD is old, I got it in 2014, it jumps to 100% usage in little effort, like copying while opening Chrome. Now If I give more pressure to it, it crashes, like if I run Steam or Discord while copying and starting chromed, I get the blue screen which says "Your pc ran into some trouble :(". It happens frequently after corruption when reaches 100%.

Now: I will get a new HDD and/or an SSD with it, as the old one is not working so well. So, after I get the new one working, what should I do with the old one? Should I keep using that HDD for storage? I run a channel, and it would be good to have a 1 TB storage. How hard can I use it? I use Premiere Pro, and I might install games, lemme know your thoughts!

Thanks!

SSD for OS, all programs you access often.

use hdd for Storage 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

How large is it? I pick up 3.5" 500gb/1tb drives for $5/10 from a local recycling place. As far as just some extra space, 2.5" drives are generally given away for free or next to it. If it's dying there's absolutely no reason to use it. I've just been tossing out any 500gb drives if they have more than 10-15k hours on them.

The HP EX920 1TB NVMe was just on sale for under $100 and 660p's are always under $100 or so. There's really no reason to be using hard drives for your primary storage anymore other than if they're free and/or that's all you can afford for that build.

If is broken then just do not use it anymore. And buy both - new SSD and HDD.

3 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

SSD for OS, all programs you access often.

use hdd for Storage

IK that, I didn't ask for this answer....thanks anyway I guess

3 hours ago, Slayer3032 said:

The HP EX920 1TB NVMe was just on sale for under 6,893.95₹ ($100) and 660p's are always under 6,893.95₹ ($100) or so. There's really no reason to be using hard drives for your primary storage anymore other than if they're free and/or that's all you can afford for that build.

It's not available on Amazon.in for India, and if I get it for Amazon.com the shipping charge will skyrocket, not worth it. I'll:

3 hours ago, homeap5 said:

buy both - new SSD and HDD.