Used RX 570 4GB vs. New RX 570 4GB

Constellation

So...very soon i will *finally* be able to play modern games...i will get a budget PC, and the parts won't be that bad and crappy, they will just do the job...but, i won't be able to afford a graphics card directly..luckily, this rig does have a Ryzen 5 2400G w/ Vega Graphics 11..honestly, it ain't much, but it is a honest work...BUT...i can afford an used RX 570 4GB and i would get directly with the setup...so what should i do? get an used GPU but for half of the price? or a brand new one but i should wait for a bit before i can get a new one? also is there is any like certified Seller that i can get the GPU from? will the frames be lower and will the card be used for cryptomining? *i hope so they take care of the GPUs* thanks for your time guys cya later..

Up to you, if it's in good conditions there's nothing wrong with a used card.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

22 minutes ago, Dahy_Rust said:

will the frames be lower and will the card be used for cryptomining? *i hope so they take care of the GPUs* thanks for your time guys cya later..

Performance will not be lower from a used card. As long as it is in working condition frame-rate will be the same.

a used card doesnt loose performance, you need to replace thermal paste because it could be old, dried and making gpu overheat but thats it

a old gpu has to work identicall to a new one same model

the old one just doesnt have warranty and has less time to live, when compared to the new one, that often might be long enough for you to sell it and buy another in 2 or 3 years or morr

On 7/19/2019 at 2:10 PM, Humbug said:

Performance will not be lower from a used card. As long as it is in working condition frame-rate will be the same.

Oh well thank you very much i've never built a pc or chose pc parts

On 7/19/2019 at 4:01 PM, goto10 said:

a used card doesnt loose performance, you need to replace thermal paste because it could be old, dried and making gpu overheat but thats it

a old gpu has to work identicall to a new one same model

the old one just doesnt have warranty and has less time to live, when compared to the new one, that often might be long enough for you to sell it and buy another in 2 or 3 years or morr

So all i have to do when i buy it is to buy an thermal Paste with it and replace the old thermal paste? Thx for the info btw

13 minutes ago, Dahy_Rust said:

So all i have to do when i buy it is to buy an thermal Paste with it and replace the old thermal paste? Thx for the info btw

it is possible that you dont have to changr it, if temperatures are ok and is not terribly dusty, all you have to do is uninstall old gpu drivers, turn off pc, remove old gpu, put new one, plug gpu power cables, turn on and let windows install drivers for you, or download and install drivers for it from amd and thats it

all depends on the state you get it and how it runs in terms of temperature

On 7/22/2019 at 2:38 PM, goto10 said:

it is possible that you dont have to changr it, if temperatures are ok and is not terribly dusty, all you have to do is uninstall old gpu drivers, turn off pc, remove old gpu, put new one, plug gpu power cables, turn on and let windows install drivers for you, or download and install drivers for it from amd and thats it

all depends on the state you get it and how it runs in terms of temperature

Ok thx bro!