Quietest GPU manufacturer?

Caironc

Hey guys, Caironc here! It seems that an issue I have with around half of my builds is that sometimes the gpu is a tad too lad for my liking, considering pretty much every PC I've made used a different GPU manufacturer I was wondering which one tends to make the best coolers? Thanks! (This can be either AMD or Nvidea)

Also, just a side question, generally are the MSI twinfrozer cards more or less quiet than a single card cooler?

Hey guys, Caironc here! It seems that an issue I have with around half of my builds is that sometimes the gpu is a tad too lad for my liking, considering pretty much every PC I've made used a different GPU manufacturer I was wondering which one tends to make the best coolers? Thanks! (This can be either AMD or Nvidea)

amd and nvidea are both loud. its the after market groups that make it quiet personally i think asus make quieter coolers  

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

amd and nvidea are both loud. its the after market groups that make it quiet personally i think asus make quieter coolers  

Yeah sorry, I meant after market manufactures, not AMD or Nvidea.

Every generation is different. Right now the msi gaming cards are the most quiet ones.

Every generation is different. Right now the msi gaming cards are the most quiet ones.

That's odd. I built my buddy a 270x MSI Twinfrozer rig. It is a lot louder than most rigs I built... 

Than it's not the gpu that makes the noise or you got a faulty card. They are really really quiet

My Sapphire 270 Dual X runs like a dream, she basically idles at 25C and on load, only goes up to 37C. When idle, the fans are basically inaudible, they can however get a bit loud when the fan goes past 2500RPM.

Than it's not the gpu that makes the noise or you got a faulty card. They are really really quiet

That's odd, I'll have to investigate next time I go to his house... But the general census is that MSI and Asus are currently making the quietest cards? (I have a near silent EVGA 670 FTW but that might just be a fluke.)

It's all about how warm you want your card to be compared to the noise. Any cooler can be quiet.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

I'd say that EVGA ACX is one of the quietest.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird