x570 Eu Prices makes no sense?

Go to solution Solved by AvogadrosDog,
Just now, Koxicain said:

Haha your right. The Formula is stupid. Man i would love if gigabyte came out with a Waterforce version for x570. 
Im already planning on doing Custom Watercooling so that would just be perfect tbh. 
I think im going to wait till the 3950X comes out till i purchase the board to see if prices calm abit down :)

I think that's a safe way to do it, especially if you're also waiting for the 3950X to come out! 

Good luck with your build and I hope the motherboard prices come down a bit for our sake haha!

If you're happy with your decision you can mark one of the comments as the answer and mark the thread as solved! All likes are appreciated haha

So i've been scattering the internet and different websites to get the best price for a top end x570 board. 
But the prices makes no sense. 

Now the toptier boards would be seen suchs as:

- ASUS ROG Hero VIII Formula 599USD

- MSI MEG x570 GODLIKE 599USD

- GigaByte x570 Aorus Xtreme 599USD

When it comes to EU prices it is soooo different. 

Just for comparison ( Prices found on Alternate.de)

- ASUS ROG Hero VIII Formula - 579 Euro = 653USD (Makes sense with shipping taxes etc)

- MSI MEG x570 GODLIKE - 739 Euro = 832USD

- Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme 779 Euro = 877USD (The cheapest i could find this in EU)

Why is there a 200+ dollar gap ? Makes no sense to me. And the Aorus Xtreme goes for 800euro+ but here it is for some reason cheaper than all other sites.

For less than 300USD i can fly from Copenhagen - JFK get a nice small holiday and pickup the board and pretty much save the cost. 
Or just get someone in the US to purchase it and ship it over. 

image.png.50b597944d82973cf0c15e854ab0834f.png

PC Specs

Ryzen 7 - 2700x - 4.2 Ghz 

MSI MPG X570s Carbon Max Wifi 

Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm ARGB Sync TT Premium

G.Skillz Trident Z 3200mhz CL16

Gigabyte RTX 2060 Aorus Xtreme

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB

Corsair RM750x - 750W Gold

Because the European Union has a tax known as VAT. That number tends to be around 20%, although it differs slightly in some countries.

Also, the EU prices are different depending on the country (Excluding VAT). On top of VAT, some countries also have their own taxes and bits and pieces.

I live in the UK and thankfully the pound is very similar to the dollar when you factor in VAT. (The UK is a member of the EU but does not use the Euro)

Also, none of those boards are worthwhile. If you want high end x570, the prestige x570 creation gives you everything those boards do for around $100 cheaper (And arguably more in some cases).

2 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Because the European Union has a tax known as VAT. That number tends to be around 20%, although it differs slightly in some countries.

Also, the EU prices are different depending on the country (Excluding VAT). The Euro also holds different value in different places within the member states. On top of VAT, some countries also have their own taxes and bits and pieces.

I live in the UK and thankfully the pound is very similar to the dollar when you factor in VAT. (The UK is a member of the EU but does not use the Euro)

Also, none of those boards are worthwhile. If you want high end x570, the prestige x570 creation gives you everything those boards do for around $100 cheaper (And arguably more in some cases).

I know how the Vat system works.. 
But the Formula is a lot lower priced than the others but still the same in the US ergo it doesnt make any sense.
Doesnt make sense that the Godlike and Xtreme isnt priced the same either.

PC Specs

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB

14 minutes ago, Koxicain said:

I know how the Vat system works.. 
But the Formula is a lot lower priced than the others but still the same in the US ergo it doesnt make any sense.
Doesnt make sense that the Godlike and Xtreme isnt priced the same either.

Not sure why that is to be honest. I've noticed that in the UK too.

Maybe ASUS have realized that the board is definitely not worth the ridiculous price tag? It shouldn't be on par with those two boards. Especially the Xtreme which is a far better buy if they are both priced the same. They could be tailoring it to specific markets. Maybe some markets can be convinced more easily than others.

8 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Not sure why that is to be honest. I've noticed that in the UK too.

Maybe ASUS have realized that the board is definitely not worth the ridiculous price tag? It shouldn't be on par with those two boards. Especially the Xtreme which is a far better buy if they are both priced the same. They could be tailoring it to specific markets. Maybe some markets can be convinced more easily than others.

Yeah tbh i think im going to get a friend from the US to purchase it for me cause it makes no sende what so ever. Normally it is based off the US prices but for it to deviate this much from eachother is Odd especially when you look at the 350usd market All those boards pretty much match eachother In the EU market. 

PC Specs

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB

I think it might also be due to limited supply hence the weird prices between similar MSRP boards. 

I'm currently debating between a Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) and the MEG Ace and only the MEG Ace is available in the UK around £330-350 but the Crosshair VIII Hero is either nowhere to be found (especially the Wi-Fi version) or it's around £400-£420 which is above the MSRP.

A bit frustrating because I really want to finish my build. Literally the last part I need. If anyone can suggest alternative methods or sites please let me know. I've tried CCL, Scan, Newegg UK, AWD-IT and Amazon - nothing. I really do not want to pay more for a board than it's MSRP.

Ryzen build -  CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Corsair H115i Platinum RGB | GPU: RTX 2070 FE | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3200MHz | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W | Motherboard: MSI X570 MEG Ace | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

Intel build - CPU: i5-9600k @ 4.9 GHz - 1.28v Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 rev 2 | GPU: GTX 980 Ti FE | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeace LPX DDR4-3200MHz | PSU: Corsair RM650x  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | Storage: Crucial MX500 500GB - Western Digital Blue 1TB 5400RPM | Case: NZXT H700 Black

Laptop - HP Pavillion; CPU: Core i5-7200U RAM: 8GB DDR4-2133MHz | GPU: Intel HD 620 | Storage: Samsung 128GB SSD - Western Digital 1TB HDD

Cute prices.

MSI Godlike is 780 euro

Gigabyte Extreme is 915 euro

Prices taken from danish webshop operating in Norway. Norwegian webshops are even more expensive.

21 minutes ago, a-joh said:

Cute prices.

MSI Godlike is 780 euro

Gigabyte Extreme is 915 euro

Prices taken from danish webshop operating in Norway. Norwegian webshops are even more expensive.

Ohh yeah Komplett i know. Never order from Komplett their prices are redicules! 
As far as i know Alternate.de also ships to Scandinavia and it has sites for a lot of countries but the German site has the best prices. But you will get a shipping fee for around 20 Euros i believe so the difference should be more ofc :D

PC Specs

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB

28 minutes ago, AvogadrosDog said:

I think it might also be due to limited supply hence the weird prices between similar MSRP boards. 

I'm currently debating between a Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) and the MEG Ace and only the MEG Ace is available in the UK around £330-350 but the Crosshair VIII Hero is either nowhere to be found (especially the Wi-Fi version) or it's around £400-£420 which is above the MSRP.

A bit frustrating because I really want to finish my build. Literally the last part I need. If anyone can suggest alternative methods or sites please let me know. I've tried CCL, Scan, Newegg UK, AWD-IT and Amazon - nothing. I really do not want to pay more for a board than it's MSRP.

Yeah your right its quite up there. 430-450 euro which is approximately the same. 
Limited supply maybe but like if they rip off the shelves they can just order more ? 

PC Specs

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB

1 hour ago, AvogadrosDog said:

Btw, I noticed yesterday while browsing x570 boards that the bundles on AWD-IT are nice. You can pair an x570 board with a 3rd gen cpu of your choice and save a fair bit on it.

And there's also the scan bundles. The MEG Ace with a 1tb MP600 PCIE 4.0 SSD for 550 is a really nice deal. I was considering that one myself but decided against it because I'm waiting for the 3950x and I don't like the lack of USB on the Ace.

For example, on AWD you can get the Ace with a 3900x bundled together for £792. That's like just over a £50 saving right there.

Also, if you only need the board and you're after the Hero...Alza has some in stock by the looks of things. £375 which is pretty decent too.

https://www.alza.co.uk/asus-rog-crosshair-viii-hero-wi-fi-d5626679.htm?kampan=adw_Komponenty_pla_all_Komponenty_Produkty_c_9046601_ACX5702&gclid=Cj0KCQjwyLDpBRCxARIsAEENsrLbuq-xXS1P_lw1_33XFk8pDX4GIYddxWPehA9JvdTw5_O9JyVhzoEaAj94EALw_wcB&layoutAutoChange=1

1 hour ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Btw, I noticed yesterday while browsing x570 boards that the bundles on AWD-IT are nice. You can pair an x570 board with a 3rd gen cpu of your choice and save a fair bit on it.

And there's also the scan bundles. The MEG Ace with a 1tb MP600 PCIE 4.0 SSD for 550 is a really nice deal. I was considering that one myself but decided against it because I'm waiting for the 3950x and I don't like the lack of USB on the Ace.

For example, on AWD you can get the Ace with a 3900x bundled together for £792. That's like just over a £50 saving right there.

Also, if you only need the board and you're after the Hero...Alza has some in stock by the looks of things. £375 which is pretty decent too.

https://www.alza.co.uk/asus-rog-crosshair-viii-hero-wi-fi-d5626679.htm?kampan=adw_Komponenty_pla_all_Komponenty_Produkty_c_9046601_ACX5702&gclid=Cj0KCQjwyLDpBRCxARIsAEENsrLbuq-xXS1P_lw1_33XFk8pDX4GIYddxWPehA9JvdTw5_O9JyVhzoEaAj94EALw_wcB&layoutAutoChange=1

I saw that but I'm not sure whether Alza is trustworthy or not. I've ordered from CCL and others and had zero problems so I guess you have to start somewhere but would like to know if you've ordered from them before or know anyone who has and what their experience was?

I'll take a closer look at their bundles! Thanks for the shout!

2 hours ago, Koxicain said:

Yeah your right its quite up there. 430-450 euro which is approximately the same. 
Limited supply maybe but like if they rip off the shelves they can just order more ? 

I guess they can but if the demand is high enough then they may struggle to get more boards in because there's also demand in the US which board manufacturers have to meet. Who knows.

Ryzen build -  CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Corsair H115i Platinum RGB | GPU: RTX 2070 FE | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3200MHz | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W | Motherboard: MSI X570 MEG Ace | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

Intel build - CPU: i5-9600k @ 4.9 GHz - 1.28v Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 rev 2 | GPU: GTX 980 Ti FE | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeace LPX DDR4-3200MHz | PSU: Corsair RM650x  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | Storage: Crucial MX500 500GB - Western Digital Blue 1TB 5400RPM | Case: NZXT H700 Black

Laptop - HP Pavillion; CPU: Core i5-7200U RAM: 8GB DDR4-2133MHz | GPU: Intel HD 620 | Storage: Samsung 128GB SSD - Western Digital 1TB HDD

7 hours ago, AvogadrosDog said:

I saw that but I'm not sure whether Alza is trustworthy or not. I've ordered from CCL and others and had zero problems so I guess you have to start somewhere but would like to know if you've ordered from them before or know anyone who has and what their experience was?

I'll take a closer look at their bundles! Thanks for the shout!

I guess they can but if the demand is high enough then they may struggle to get more boards in because there's also demand in the US which board manufacturers have to meet. Who knows.

I have ordered from Alza before. Was perfectly fine for me. I think it came from like Poland or one of the eastern european places so it might have taken a few  days. It was like 2 years ago so I can't really remember the full details.

12 hours ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Thanks for the info. But i kinda want aorus xtreme paired with 3950x so still got some time Till it arrives but just wanted to get the board first. 

But if i can find the aorus xtreme for less than 700 euros its an instant purchase for me. 

PC Specs

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB

3 hours ago, MeatFeastMan said:

I have ordered from Alza before. Was perfectly fine for me. I think it came from like Poland or one of the eastern european places so it might have taken a few  days. It was like 2 years ago so I can't really remember the full details.

Hmmm I'll have to think about it! It just seems a bit dodgy without looking completely dodgy (I know it sounds confusing but I hope you understand what I mean). And the fact they offer certain things well below whatever everyone else is offering is slightly weird.

42 minutes ago, Koxicain said:

Thanks for the info. But i kinda want aorus xtreme paired with 3950x so still got some time Till it arrives but just wanted to get the board first. 

But if i can find the aorus xtreme for less than 700 euros its an instant purchase for me. 

Ah fairs. The Aorus Xtreme is supremely good looking and the no chipset fan is a bonus alongside the 16-phase VRM. Good luck man!

I think we will have to wait until stores are resupplied and the initial hype for the Ryzen 3000 and X570 boards dies down so prices stabilise. 

2 minutes ago, AvogadrosDog said:

Hmmm I'll have to think about it! It just seems a bit dodgy without looking completely dodgy (I know it sounds confusing but I hope you understand what I mean). And the fact they offer certain things well below whatever everyone else is offering is slightly weird.

Ah fairs. The Aorus Xtreme is supremely good looking and the no chipset fan is a bonus alongside the 16-phase VRM. Good luck man!

I think we will have to wait until stores are resupplied and the initial hype for the Ryzen 3000 and X570 boards dies down so prices stabilise. 

It is a an Amazing look board ( One of the reasons i want it ). 
I really hope the prices stabilizes, the price for Hero Formula is perfect for this type of boards. Why the GODLIKE or Xtreme doesnt have the same price point when MSRP is the same on all 3 boards is really odd to me. I think i will try send a mail to a 

retailer and hear if i pair the Xtreme with 3950x what i can get out of it if they can drop the price on the Xtreme.

PC Specs

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB

19 minutes ago, Koxicain said:

It is a an Amazing look board ( One of the reasons i want it ). 
I really hope the prices stabilizes, the price for Hero Formula is perfect for this type of boards. Why the GODLIKE or Xtreme doesnt have the same price point when MSRP is the same on all 3 boards is really odd to me. I think i will try send a mail to a 

retailer and hear if i pair the Xtreme with 3950x what i can get out of it if they can drop the price on the Xtreme.

See, the issue with the Formula having a decent price is simply because the Formula is a very stupid product. They put waterblocks on the VRMs that have been shown to barely need cooling via heatsinks let alone waterblocks and these same waterblocks don't even extend to the chipset to remove the chipset fan or the CPU itself (like the Aorus Extreme Waterforce for intel Z390 - would not be suprised if a X570 version came out later this year). Essentially, Asus have just got the Crosshair VIII Hero, added a pointless waterblock to the VRMs, added 10Gig LAN and extra plastic over the board + a small OLED screen and charged hugely for it. That's why I'm sticking to the Crosshair VIII Hero.

Whilst I think the Godlike is a mess of a board too it still justifies the higher price (but shouldn't be as high as we are seeing here in Europe) because of it's VRMs and feature set (the M.2 expander card is an amazing add-on) - although if you're considering top tier MSI X570 I'd just go for the Prestige instead.

Then you have the Aorus Xtreme which is arguably the best X570 board currently available. So it makes sense that the formula is cheaper than the Godlike and Xtreme because the demand is probably less for the Formula. I just want my Crosshair VIII Hero haha.

6 minutes ago, AvogadrosDog said:

See, the issue with the Formula having a decent price is simply because the Formula is a very stupid product. They put waterblocks on the VRMs that have been shown to barely need cooling via heatsinks let alone waterblocks and these same waterblocks don't even extend to the chipset to remove the chipset fan or the CPU itself (like the Aorus Extreme Waterforce for intel Z390 - would not be suprised if a X570 version came out later this year). Essentially, Asus have just got the Crosshair VIII Hero, added a pointless waterblock to the VRMs, added 10Gig LAN and extra plastic over the board + a small OLED screen and charged hugely for it. That's why I'm sticking to the Crosshair VIII Hero.

Whilst I think the Godlike is a mess of a board too it still justifies the higher price (but shouldn't be as high as we are seeing here in Europe) because of it's VRMs and feature set (the M.2 expander card is an amazing add-on) - although if you're considering top tier MSI X570 I'd just go for the Prestige instead.

Then you have the Aorus Xtreme which is arguably the best X570 board currently available. So it makes sense that the formula is cheaper than the Godlike and Xtreme because the demand is probably less for the Formula. I just want my Crosshair VIII Hero haha.

Haha your right. The Formula is stupid. Man i would love if gigabyte came out with a Waterforce version for x570. 
Im already planning on doing Custom Watercooling so that would just be perfect tbh. 
I think im going to wait till the 3950X comes out till i purchase the board to see if prices calm abit down :)

PC Specs

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB

Just now, Koxicain said:

I think that's a safe way to do it, especially if you're also waiting for the 3950X to come out! 

Good luck with your build and I hope the motherboard prices come down a bit for our sake haha!

If you're happy with your decision you can mark one of the comments as the answer and mark the thread as solved! All likes are appreciated haha

2 minutes ago, AvogadrosDog said:

Haha :D
Well yeah its the safe way :P 
Just hope i can make a good deal with retailer otherwise i might just purchase it from the states. 
Atleast The CPU's have been pretty close to MSRP. I expect the 3950x to cost around 800-850 Euro. 

PC Specs

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB

9 minutes ago, Koxicain said:

Haha :D
Well yeah its the safe way :P 
Just hope i can make a good deal with retailer otherwise i might just purchase it from the states. 
Atleast The CPU's have been pretty close to MSRP. I expect the 3950x to cost around 800-850 Euro. 

It may be lower depending on prices where you live. I just bought a 3700X for £320 which is a little over what the MSRP is ($350) if you convert from dollars to pounds and the extra cost is expected considering different taxes and importing the CPUs themselves. So the 3950X may be 700-750 tops considering the MSRP is $750.

1 minute ago, AvogadrosDog said:

It may be lower depending on prices where you live. I just bought a 3700X for £320 which is a little over what the MSRP is if you convert from dollars to pounds and the extra cost is expected considering different taxes and importing the CPUs themselves. So the 3950X may be 800 tops considering the MSRP is $750.

I hope so :D 

PC Specs

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB

Just now, Koxicain said:

I hope so :D 

Out of curiosity, how much is a 3700X where you live?

1 minute ago, AvogadrosDog said:

Out of curiosity, how much is a 3700X where you live?

3700x 349Euro = 313£ = 393$
3900x 529Euro = 475£ = 596$

I live in the netherlands but always order from Germany since its 99% of the time cheaper.

PC Specs

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB

1 minute ago, Koxicain said:

3700x 349Euro = 313£ = 393$
3900x 529Euro = 475£ = 596$

I live in the netherlands but always order from Germany since its 99% of the time cheaper.

That's not that bad so don't be surprised if the 3950X turns out to be less than 800EUR unless demand goes through the roof.

19 minutes ago, AvogadrosDog said:

That's not that bad so don't be surprised if the 3950X turns out to be less than 800EUR unless demand goes through the roof.

Ýeah im fine with uptill 100Euro over MSRP

PC Specs

Samsung Evo 970 - 256 GB

OCZ Agility - 256 GB

Western Digital - 1 TB