I got a new camcorder and took some sample videos.

I got a new used camcorder and took some videos. There pretty similar but one is 720p60, the other is 1080p30. Can you guys tell me how the video quality looks. They might get compressed by onedrive but I'm not sure,

1080p30:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!An1rGF1OQH3rgYIeibbXVPetieI3WA?e=fhUSvg

720p60: https://1drv.ms/v/s!An1rGF1OQH3rgYId_xXDrhPmyjHIzQ?e=c8e2V6

1 minute ago, VenomZ_ said:

upload it to streamable or something 

Hmm?

yeah the image does seem compressed, maybe by one drive, but it still doesnt look great, maybe because of the detail in the shot, 

however i can say the stabilization is not great as well, so try using a tripod, 

but hopefully it doesnt look as bad as it does on the links, try looking around in the settings the iso seems a bit high for a day shot 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

Just now, Tamesh16 said:

yeah the image does seem compressed, maybe by one drive, but it still doesnt look great, maybe because of the detail in the shot, 

however i can say the stabilization is not great as well, so try using a tripod, 

but hopefully it doesnt look as bad as it does on the links, try looking around in the settings the iso seems a bit high for a day shot 

it does look a bit compressed compared to the file on my pc but i still get your point. What happens if the iso is to high btw? srry I new to this.

Did you recompress the videos using some software when you cut the segments, or are these MOV files straight from camera?

The 720p 60 would be a better choice for you. If you didn't recompress, then it seems the camera/device uses bitrate up to 16 mbps regardless of format, and 720p 60fps is simply way less information to be encoded compared to 1080p 30fps, so you'll retain more quality in those 13-16mbps. For 1080p regardless of 30fps or 60fps, I'd want 20-25 mbps.

A tripod would do wonders for you, as would a good lightning setup. Camera seems a bit crappy at image stabilization, so maybe get a gimball / stabilizer (search amazon for these terms)

What kind of camera is it, the model ... I see Ambarella mentioned in the encoder, curious about what uses these chips...

3 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Did you recompress the videos using some software when you cut the segments, or are these MOV files straight from camera?

The 720p 60 would be a better choice for you. If you didn't recompress, then it seems the camera/device uses bitrate up to 16 mbps regardless of format, and 720p 60fps is simply way less information to be encoded compared to 1080p 30fps, so you'll retain more quality in those 13-16mbps. For 1080p regardless of 30fps or 60fps, I'd want 20-25 mbps.

A tripod would do wonders for you, as would a good lightning setup. Camera seems a bit crappy at image stabilization, so maybe get a gimball / stabilizer (search amazon for these terms)

What kind of camera is it, the model ... I see Ambarella mentioned in the encoder, curious about what uses these chips...

Its an insignia ns dv111080f.

The video is straight from the camera but was likely compressed by onedrive.

Also, would an iPhone 7 have better picture quality?

Yeah, it was probably recompressed by Onedrive..  Yeah, most likely an iPhone7 would have better picture quality.

How much did you pay for it?

2 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Yeah, it was probably recompressed by Onedrive..  Yeah, most likely an iPhone7 would have better picture quality.

How much did you pay for it?

50$ for two of them. Do you think its good enough for youtube videos though?

5 hours ago, Person74 said:

50$ for two of them. Do you think its good enough for youtube videos though?

Within reason, cheap 720P camcorders will probably be plenty sufficient for starting off with. If you've a relatively recent phone, throw that in the mix as well.

With low end gear however, lighting is extremely crucial to quality (not that lighting isn't important to begin with, mind you). Lesser cameras (camcorders and phones) tend to be quite weak in low light situations, so having lots of evenly distributed light will result in the best quality those cameras are capable of.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Just now, Zodiark1593 said:

Within reason, cheap 720P camcorders will probably be plenty sufficient for starting off with. If you've a relatively recent phone, throw that in the mix as well.

With low end gear however, lighting is extremely crucial to quality (not that lighting isn't important to begin with, mind you). Lesser cameras (camcorders and phones) tend to be quite weak in low light situations, so having lots of evenly distributed light will result in the best quality those cameras are capable of.

Will i be better off if I just get a tripod for my iphone 7 and use some external storage so I don't fill the phone?

1 hour ago, Person74 said:

Will i be better off if I just get a tripod for my iphone 7 and use some external storage so I don't fill the phone?

Honestly, could really go for either depending on your lighting setup. The iPhone can record in 4k as well, if that's worth anything to you. With 1.85 and 1.8 lenses, both camcorder and iPhone are about on par as far as lens speed goes. The camcorder appears to have a slightly larger sensor, though with older or cheaper sensors, the theoretical size advantage may not materialize in better image quality.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

10 hours ago, Person74 said:

iso is to high btw

higher the iso the more grainy the image

iso is the camera sensitivity to light, so in dark the iso is high to pick up more light but image is more grainy

and in the day its meant to be low since its so bright and a more clear image

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy