Cant see core temps 3700x B450 tomahawk

Like the title says I've tried a bunch of tools and none them work I normally use core temp but its showing only 4 of the cores and in the task bar only and the rest say 0 its also showing the model as AMD Processor BE I've done a fresh install of windows 10 

Edit also heroes of the storm is poping up with a cpu warning saying its throttling the cpu because its too hot/not on high performance? the overall temp of the cpu seems fine tho and windows is set to high performance

Have you given Ryzen Master a look? It may be an issue of CoreTemp (and others) not being fully capable of reporting Zen2 yet.
https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

3 minutes ago, Semper said:

Have you given Ryzen Master a look? It may be an issue of CoreTemp (and others) not being fully capable of reporting Zen2 yet.
https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master

Yeah all looks fine there I'm new to AMD does the ryzen-master show core temps only seeing cpu temp ty.

Just now, Coopson said:

Yeah all looks fine there I'm new to AMD does the ryzen-master show core temps only seeing cpu temp ty.

I'm not entirely certain to be completely honest. I'm yet to have hands-on with a Ryzen system at all. Looking at the page for it, however, it does look like it's package temp. You'd have to hunt through your settings to see if there's a per-core option.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Just now, Semper said:

I'm not entirely certain to be completely honest. I'm yet to have hands-on with a Ryzen system at all. Looking at the page for it, however, it does look like it's package temp. You'd have to hunt through your settings to see if there's a per-core option.

That hunt didn't take long not many settings doesnt look like it, Would like to hear from other 3700x users if the temp software just isnt fully capable yet or if something funky is going on for me. 

When I first built a system on a B450 Tomahawk core temp worked properly (r7 1700cpu).

The last bios update I did it started that showing temps on only half the cores thing like you have.

I also have a system with a 3700x/Gigabyte x470 gaming 7. The temps are not working right there either on Core Temp, or any other app. They all show up, but all show the same temp and they cycle from 39c-47c at absolute idle.

Something is not quite there yet with Ryzen 3000 bios I think.

1 minute ago, Drawbar said:

When I first built a system on a B450 Tomahawk core temp worked properly (r7 1700cpu).

The last bios update I did it started that showing temps on only half the cores thing like you have.

I also have a system with a 3700x/Gigabyte x470 gaming 7. The temps are not working right there either on Core Temp, or any other app. They all show up, but all show the same temp and they cycle from 39c-47c at absolute idle.

Something is not quite there yet with Ryzen 3000 bios I think.

Makes me wonder what else might be wrong with the bios ? 

Well I just updated the bios to 7C02v19 that I didn't even know came out last week because its list wrong on the MSI site as 7C02v18 and I still cant see my core temps.

Since when does Ryzen even differentiate between cores temp-wise? My 2600 only shows package temp and not individual core temps. As far as I'm aware of this is how it is on Ryzen. 

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

2 hours ago, bowrilla said:

Since when does Ryzen even differentiate between cores temp-wise? My 2600 only shows package temp and not individual core temps. As far as I'm aware of this is how it is on Ryzen. 

Hmm Well I'm coming from intel and that sounds odd but coretemp still shows the CPU as AMD Processor BE and not a 3700x and realtemp wont even start and just says this cpu is not supported.

Thanks for telling me I would have been going around in circles with this.

20 hours ago, Coopson said:

Hmm Well I'm coming from intel and that sounds odd but coretemp still shows the CPU as AMD Processor BE and not a 3700x and realtemp wont even start and just says this cpu is not supported.

Thanks for telling me I would have been going around in circles with this.

Several apps will have to update their core libraries to support the latest generation probably. The temperatures are stored in model specific registers in the cpu and in order for you to access these with readmsr() you need to be in kernel mode and that requires a system driver. Those telemtry apps install or at least load a system driver on startup and use these to access those values. That's why it may take a few days to weeks for some apps to be updated. Some developers are quicker then others with this.

Don't ever expect to get core specific temps on Ryzen though. It doesn't even make much sense anyways. Remember that the IHS is soldered so there is no bad contact with it. If you have a bad mount the IHS temps will rise as well. 

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!