Final thoughts on my Content Creation build before i buy

Puffing

in my last post i was told to get a combo of a 2070 super and r7 3700c... i recently was able to shuffle some money around and now can get an r9 3900x with a 2060 super, is this a good combo i make youtube videos with premiere pro and then i stream on twitch. a few questions, is the ram too tall for the cooler. does the motherboard have good wifi and decent oc capability? (its 0 for a reason because i will be getting this as a gift) if another mobo keep it in the $250 range.

also just general feedback before i buy the stuff. (i have case and psu: dark base 700 rm850x)

Motherboard is good, and does have overclocking headroom but considering how hard amd cpu's push themselves out of the box, i cant recommend overclocking on them sadly. :((don't know how bclk overclocking works but if it works it could be a good option.) :)

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

5 minutes ago, alatron978 said:

Motherboard is good, and does have overclocking headroom but considering how hard amd cpu's push themselves out of the box, i cant recommend overclocking on them sadly. :((don't know how bclk overclocking works but if it works it could be a good option.) :)

ok well ya i basically meant if it was good for that. any thing else?

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($499.00 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($88.09 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X570 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($0.00) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($134.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: HP - EX920 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($108.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 5700 8 GB Video Card  ($349.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1240.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-13 12:42 EDT-0400

Made some improvements.

4 hours ago, Puffing said:

in my last post i was told to get a combo of a 2070 super and r7 3700c... i recently was able to shuffle some money around and now can get an r9 3900x with a 2060 super, is this a good combo i make youtube videos with premiere pro and then i stream on twitch. a few questions, is the ram too tall for the cooler. does the motherboard have good wifi and decent oc capability? (its 0 for a reason because i will be getting this as a gift) if another mobo keep it in the $250 range.

also just general feedback before i buy the stuff. (i have case and psu: dark base 700 rm850x)

The motherboard's wifi will serve you well and yes, it has decent overclocking potential however as mentioned above I will not recommend overclocking that 12 core beast when it already has a boost upto 4.6. One thing u need to keep in mind though is that your cpu won't be turboing to 4.6 GHz all the time, it will hit 4.2 maximum with anything that will be utilizing more than 2-3 cores.

Yes the ram will be really close to the cooler, as you can see in this picture,

228135.0611acf1a582da58242af733903ebf2e_1600.thumb.jpg.8ca254256a2ec7348d5689a25a4ef2f3.jpg

This is the Trident-Z RGB and both this and the Ripjaws-5 happens to be 40mm tall. So it is a close example on how it will look like however the Ripjaws-5 are curved from the sides so you might get some room there. It depends upon you whether you want your ram to be that close to the cooler or not. Otherwise you might consider going for the Corsair VENGEANCE LPX which is 31mm to the tip.

For the card I'd go with the 5700 XT since it will easily outperform the 2060 super (at the same price) and can go head to head with the 2070 super.

Hope that answer your questions.

5 hours ago, Blind-X said:

The motherboard's wifi will serve you well and yes, it has decent overclocking potential however as mentioned above I will not recommend overclocking that 12 core beast when it already has a boost upto 4.6. One thing u need to keep in mind though is that your cpu won't be turboing to 4.6 GHz all the time, it will hit 4.2 maximum with anything that will be utilizing more than 2-3 cores.

Yes the ram will be really close to the cooler, as you can see in this picture,

228135.0611acf1a582da58242af733903ebf2e_1600.thumb.jpg.8ca254256a2ec7348d5689a25a4ef2f3.jpg

This is the Trident-Z RGB and both this and the Ripjaws-5 happens to be 40mm tall. So it is a close example on how it will look like however the Ripjaws-5 are curved from the sides so you might get some room there. It depends upon you whether you want your ram to be that close to the cooler or not. Otherwise you might consider going for the Corsair VENGEANCE LPX which is 31mm to the tip.

For the card I'd go with the 5700 XT since it will easily outperform the 2060 super (at the same price) and can go head to head with the 2070 super.

Hope that answer your questions.

Thanks for reply. I actually will be getting lpx ram. And so and amd  is good for streaming and video editing? Because I use premiere pro and that likes nvidia right?

7 hours ago, Puffing said:

And so and amd  is good for streaming and video editing? Because I use premiere pro and that likes nvidia right?

No need to worry about the 3900X, it is more than enough for streaming and video editing.

Sorry I missed that u said u will be using Premiere Pro. nVIDIA surely will get the advantage there so yeah, the 2060 Super was the right pick.