My PC Is Possessed!!

Aleks

As I was sleeping soundly I started to hear the beeps my bios makes as its turning on, Eventually I open my eyes in the middle of the night to see my computer rapidly turning on then shutting off. Half awake I got up to switched turn it off and switch off the power on the PSU. That seemed to fix it and the computer was once again off. It is weird because as I turn it on this morning everything seemed to be fine. What could have caused my OFF computer to suddenly turn on and then rapidly repeat that during the middle of the night. Has anyone experienced this before? I think I need to take my PC to the local church.

It's just the little gremlins that live in the power supply. They sometimes get up in the middle of the night and turn on a light to see when they go to the bathroom. You just deprived them of that power source so don't complain when there are stains in the wrong places :P

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

My old pc used to boot itself somehow too haha

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

You didn't wake up feeling tender, or sore in any ermmm, areas of your body did you?

I think I know what you're trying to say, you sly dog. 

Rogue magic packets

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

Well maybe disable some settings in bios, like allow lan to wake up pc or something like that, remember that windows turned on the pc from sleep because somekinda setting like that was enabled

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

Disable "wake on LAN".

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

PSU Defect? OR is Sonic '06 in your diskdrive

Main Rig: White Lightning  = -Intel Core i7 3770 (4.1Ghz)-Zalman CNPS12X-MSI Z77A-G45-16GB G2 Patriot-MSI GTX 660TI OC PE-Corsair 650W-Corsair 600t White-

Laptop: MSI GT60 = -Intel Core i7 4700MQ-MSI GTX 770M-

Peripherals: Corsair K90-Corsair M90- Corsair 2100-CM Storm Quickfire TK (Green Switch)-Logitech G700

It's the Mushrooms.

Depends on the mushrooms. :P

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Well you explained the question in the title. Your PC is obviously possesed.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

In addition to disabling all the Wake On options in the BIOS - LAN, mouse, keyboard. Check Windows scheduled & update tasks to see if they are set to wake the machine when needed.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I am just going through the process of reinstalling windows and cleaning my drives because of all of the issues I have been having recently. And my PSU is complete trash so maybe that had something to do with it.

In addition to disabling all the Wake On options in the BIOS - LAN, mouse, keyboard. Check Windows scheduled & update tasks to see if they are set to wake the machine when needed.

Umm... theres so many, just in microsoft folder. Do I have to check each of them individually or is there an easier way to do so?

And if I have to check them individually. which tabs /info do I have to look for.

Thanks, this may save worthy time (because I am not forever young :( )

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

With a picture of Linus pointing to the computer, exclaim: "The power of Linus compels you! The power of Linus compels you!"

I think the computer will be in order then! ;)

I think I need to pay Linus to come in for an exorcism. :P

came here just for the topic title to read :) lol :)

your psu just died :) or reset bios and see if it boot up again!

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

came here just for the topic title to read :) lol :)

your psu just died :) or reset bios and see if it boot up again!

I thought it was something to do with the PSU as well but it is working fine, I will be upgrading to the 860i within the next few weeks anyway. At least it is powering my system as it restores windows 8 :P

I think I need to pay Linus to come in for an exorcism. :P

I notice that you two live near by, so it's a close call! :P

Sorry for the trolling but it was hard to resist! 

I notice that you two live near by, so it's a close call! :P

Sorry for the trolling but it was hard to resist! 

Lol, Its alright..We all need to let out a few trolls here and there.

My computer used to turn on like every night at around 3 am and totally boot on. It wouldn't flicker on and off. I had to turn off a setting within the bios and it had something to do with the wireless thing that came with the motherboard.

My computer used to turn on like every night at around 3 am and totally boot on. It wouldn't flicker on and off. I had to turn off a setting within the bios and it had something to do with the wireless thing that came with the motherboard.

See what happened with me was a little different, It was constantly turning on an off. 1second on, 1second off, then repeat. I only saw it when I woke up and shut it off so who knows how long it was doing it before. And there was no image on the screen. It was literally like it was having a seizure.

If the wake up lan off don't work, if resetting the bios don't work, well I think you have to when shutdown your PC, turn of the on/off switch of the PSU, there are no daemons with no electricity right?

See what happened with me was a little different, It was constantly turning on an off. 1second on, 1second off, then repeat. I only saw it when I woke up and shut it off so who knows how long it was doing it before. And there was no image on the screen. It was literally like it was having a seizure.

Okay, pay attention very carefully.

Step One: Unplug computer and unplug other cords

Step Two: Open up side panel

Step Three: Make a pentagram with thermal paste on your desk

Step Four: Set case on top of said pentagram, dump Holy Water inside case, if it sparks when you turn it on, that means its working and the demon is pissed

Step Five: Grab 2 Keyboards and make a cross with them and start screaming "THE POWER OF GABEN COMPELLS YOU!"