Headphone connections to PC

smultr1ngen
Go to solution Solved by AAJoe,

Your wish is my command:

https://www.amazon.com/STEREO-Manual-Speaker-selector-available/dp/B073GWCRP3

Apparently its not that hard to find :)

I have two different sets of headphones that I like to use for different purposes, and therefore switch between regularly.

In the past I’ve connected both audio and mic cables from the chosen headset to the PC via ports that Ive had on the side of my keyboard. 

However, I have now bought a new keyboard that lacks these ports, and hence my question is: are there any devices that connects to my pc, that I can place on my desk which i can then connect headset audio and mic to, so that I can avoid having to reach behind my PC everytime I need to switch between headsets? 

Thanks in advance,

I think the above two guys may have missed the two different headphones part of this story.

I have seen simple A/B switches for this that people have made, not sure any are on Amazon.

You can USUALLY connect one headphone to your front panel and one to the back panel, but if your case has only 1 headphone port the next best thing is a sharing cable, which splits a single TRS cable into two female TRS jacks.

https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Splitter-Adapter-Auxiliary-Extension/dp/B078P3GR5Q

IF one of these is a HEADSET (TRRS) with a mic, then this is not the best solution as it won't allow the mic to work.

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

Alrigth, thanks! 

So there’s no point in getting like a dac or an external sound card etc. for this sole purpose? 

Not unless you like hunting deer with artillery :) That'd be some serious overkill!

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

2 minutes ago, AAJoe said:

I think the above two guys may have missed the two different headphones part of this story.

I have seen simple A/B switches for this that people have made, not sure any are on Amazon.

You can USUALLY connect one headphone to your front panel and one to the back panel, but if your case has only 1 headphone port the next best thing is a sharing cable, which splits a single TRS cable into two female TRS jacks.

https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Splitter-Adapter-Auxiliary-Extension/dp/B078P3GR5Q

IF one of these is a HEADSET (TRRS) with a mic, then this is not the best solution as it won't allow the mic to work.

I dont really have a problem with only having one conneted at a time, its the reaching behind the PC everytime i want to swap I would like to avoid. So if theres anything i could have just stand on my desk that I can connect the chosen headset to, that would be preferrable ?

2 minutes ago, AAJoe said:

Not unless you like hunting deer with artillery :) That'd be some serious overkill!

Haha, Ok, i get that!