headphone plus mic better than headset?

Hey,

Im not very good with audio and that kinda stuff, so i have a question for you. I want to buy a headset for my ps3 but i heard that it is better to just buy a pair of good headphones plus a mic than can be placed on the headphones. So lets say you have the astro a50 and a free choice of headphones and 'mod' mics. Can you blow the astro's (~300 dollar) away with a budget of ~180 dollar(us)? With a combo of headphones and mic?

Thanks!

Would it even work with ps3? No idea. But for pc definitly better. You can buy audiophile grade headphones under 100$ and very good audio technica or other brand lavalier microphone for cheap.

For example approx ( too lazy to check the current price ) 50 - 100$/€ Pioneer SE-A1000 + audio technica mic lavalier for cheap

there are also some other very good headphones under 50$

This might just be me, but I wouldn't spend as much money on the headphones + mic as you spend on the thing using them...

The answer though is yes :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

It's miles better, but on a console I'm not sure if that's going to work easily. You might just want to go with the convenience of a headset. 

Error: 410

Problem is, the PS3 WILL NOT output audio through a USB port nor let you input a mic into it, unless you buy sony's headset. I'd say just get the best one you can for the money.

Problem is, the PS3 WILL NOT output audio through a USB port nor let you input a mic into it, unless you buy sony's headset. I'd say just get the best one you can for the money.

Uhh...

When I bought my Black Siberia V2's with the USB sound card converter, I used it for Battlefield 3 voice chat on my Ps3, Though I stopped that a couple years ago and went with PC Gaming over Console (Except a few Exclusives to Sony's side)

If you get the PS3 Siberia V2 ones, it should work. Mine did.

okay thanks already for the quick answers! but why are the astro headsets so expensive if there so easily outrunned? and dont say the brand because they started as a unkown brand and if they had overpriced headsets than they wouldnt become so big right?

Hey,

Im not very good with audio and that kinda stuff, so i have a question for you. I want to buy a headset for my ps3 but i heard that it is better to just buy a pair of good headphones plus a mic than can be placed on the headphones. So lets say you have the astro a50 and a free choice of headphones and 'mod' mics. Can you blow the astro's (~300 dollar) away with a budget of ~180 dollar(us)? With a combo of headphones and mic?

Thanks!

Buy v-moda crossfade lp and v-moda boompro mic!

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."