First time builder needs help troubleshooting a potentially corrupted BIOS.

Hello all,

So, I have just built my new PC as a first-timer. All the hardware was installed correctly and I managed to install windows... However, the problem I'm facing is after updating BIOS and installing Drivers with the Gigabyte App Center, (which I'm not sure I even needed to do) I can no longer get my new computer to work. I can turn it on, all the fans spin and LEDs from the motherboard and Graphics Card does light up. However, none of the ports are working so I have no monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc and I can no longer turn off the computer using the power button I have to use the switch at the back. 

I'm really stuck with this, some people have told me I may have potentially corrupted the BIOS as the update only got to 33%. I really need some help as building computers is very new to me and I'm scared I may have done something serious, I have already tried removing the CMOS battery for 5 minutes but this still hasn't worked.

Any help at all is grateful, thanks in advance.

Specs;

Gigabyte B450M Gaming

Ryzen 5 2600 CPU

Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ GPU

8GB Corsair Vengeance Ram

2 minutes ago, Taylor.Dayy said:

I'm really stuck with this, some people have told me I may have potentially corrupted the BIOS as the update only got to 33%.

Only got to 33%? Yup, the BIOS is a goner. Your best bet is to contact Gigabyte and ask if there's some sort of a recovery BIOS you can toggle.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

15 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Only got to 33%? Yup, the BIOS is a goner. Your best bet is to contact Gigabyte and ask if there's some sort of a recovery BIOS you can toggle.

I used gigabytes App Center and selected BIOS update and Drivers. Did I even need to update the BIOS or could I have skipped that altogether? Everything was working fine until I restarted after the update failed. Thanks for the help btw

34 minutes ago, Taylor.Dayy said:

I used gigabytes App Center and selected BIOS update and Drivers. Did I even need to update the BIOS or could I have skipped that altogether? Everything was working fine until I restarted after the update failed. Thanks for the help btw

@Slottr  Can this be moved to troubleshooting

6 minutes ago, Catchears said:

@Slottr  Can this be moved to troubleshooting

I mean teeeechnicallyy....

Capture.PNG.f348dcb6515b0cf417ea538e0846920f.PNG

Gaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x  Cooler: Wraith Prism    RAM: 32gb G.Skill Tridentz RGB 3200mhz     Mobo: Asrock X570 Taichi

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700 XT     Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG     PSU: Corsair RM850x     

Storage: 250gb Samsung 960 EVO, 2TB Seagate Barracuda

HTPC/VR Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600     Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a     RAM: 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 3200mhz     Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi ITX

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8gb     Case: Fractal Design Node 202     PSU: Corsair SF600    

Storage: 120gb Kingston A400, 500gb Samsung 860 EVO

Streaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4ghz OC     Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition    RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengence LPX 2400mhz     Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4 MATX

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Dragon RX 570 4gb     Case: Inwin 301 White/Blue     PSU: Evga 450BR    

Storage: 240gb Crucial BX500, 1TB Seagate Barracuda

42 minutes ago, Taylor.Dayy said:

If everything was working then you generally dont need to update the bios. Usually only update it when you start having problems, most likely if you install newer components.

Gaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x  Cooler: Wraith Prism    RAM: 32gb G.Skill Tridentz RGB 3200mhz     Mobo: Asrock X570 Taichi

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700 XT     Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG     PSU: Corsair RM850x     

HTPC/VR Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600     Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a     RAM: 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 3200mhz     Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi ITX

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8gb     Case: Fractal Design Node 202     PSU: Corsair SF600    

Streaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4ghz OC     Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition    RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengence LPX 2400mhz     Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4 MATX

Graphics Card: Powercolor Red Dragon RX 570 4gb     Case: Inwin 301 White/Blue     PSU: Evga 450BR    

Just now, driftz240 said:

I mean teeeechnicallyy....

Capture.PNG.f348dcb6515b0cf417ea538e0846920f.PNG

Point taken

I still think that that shouldnt be a thing tho

I mean if i had problems with my hardware I wouldnt look through the individual forum descriptions to see if I need to ask there, I would just go strait to "Troubleshooting"

Just now, Catchears said:

Point taken

I still think that that shouldnt be a thing tho

I mean if i had problems with my hardware I wouldnt look through the individual forum descriptions to see if I need to ask there, I would just go strait to "Troubleshooting"

I agree and disagree, on the one hand its nice to have all problems separated into the type of problem/hardware, but on the other hand it does make sense to have them all in the same place. Double edged sword really.

Gaming Rig:

HTPC/VR Rig:

Streaming Rig:

Did you use windows bios update?

If so, don't do that next time

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

3 hours ago, Plutosaurus said:

Did you use windows bios update?

If so, don't do that next time

I used the App Center software within Windows yes, I have ordered a replacement motherboard. Will this fix the problem?

So I've got a replacement motherboard coming tomorrow, would this fix the issue or would I need to do something else? This hasn't affected my graphics card or anything has it? I'm just confused to why this would affect me turning the computer off as well. 

Sorry if I seem uneducated I am very new to this, I have always bought gaming PC's prebuilt in the past.

Yes a new motherboard should do it ! Next time you want to update the BIOS (only update if needed) try doing it via the flash utility in the BIOS directly using a USB drive !

Updating BIOS should only be used when facing issue with the system or when having new component !

CPU : i7-8700k  Mobo : Asus Prime z370-a RAM : G.Skill RipJaws V 16gb (2x8gb) Storage : 1tb Samsung 850 EVO

GPU : EVGA 1080 ti SC2 Cooling : Corsair H100i V2 PSU : Corsair Rm850x

My new motherboard has arrived, Is there anything I need to do before installing? Do I need to format the SSD/HDD as I updated the BIOS within windows or would everything be okay just straight-up replacing it? 

Thanks for all the help