Can you be a PRO - Player on a small laptop?

Alienware_Gamer_ALX

I think the refresh rate and the fps you will get are more important that the size of the screen. 144Hz is what I would suggest and a laptop that can handle to achieve 144fps.

I'm sure that gaming on larger displays is generally more easy because the targets are 'bigger'. 

Though Pro's will still rek you on a 12" :P

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

6 hours ago, Alienware_Gamer_ALX said:

Can you be a PRO - Player on a small laptop? or you need a big screen ? i m talking about Overwatch (and the general FPS)

Depends entirely of whether or not you're already a pro gamer. A pro gamer can use exactly what you have and dominate some random gamer provided the game that's being played is the pro players game.

if you are good enough then what you use does not matter

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

15 hours ago, TheTallGuy said:

I think the refresh rate and the fps you will get are more important that the size of the screen. 144Hz is what I would suggest and a laptop that can handle to achieve 144fps.

let s consider 144hz costant 144fps.

pro can use min details, so it s achievable

15 hours ago, FloRolf said:

I'm sure that gaming on larger displays is generally more easy because the targets are 'bigger'. 

Though Pro's will still rek you on a 12" :P

this is my main concern: headshots and log range shots seems harder on small displays, at any resolution

2 hours ago, Acid Panda said:

if you are good enough then what you use does not matter

If your eyes are fine, then 15" is quite enough. So with gaming laptop which can produce enough fps, you already have a good screen. However, I would still prefer using anything else for official matches to remove any possible distractions or annoyances.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv