Still low fps after upgrading graphics card.

Hello, I have an issue and I don't really know if there is anything I can necessarily do about it or not. I have very little experience when it comes to part compatibility and cooperation. So I need help!

I'm running a system that I built in 2013 when I was 12, fast forward to now I just decided to throw a better graphics card in it and overclock the cpu before college..  because why not. Even after doing this I still get about the same fps when it comes to game play.

In overwatch I would average 90-140 frames with my old graphics card (960 2gb), also the cpu used to be clocked at 4.0ghz, and now its pretty much the same except I get anywhere from 90-170. (with 2060 and cpu at 4.6ghz)

I'm sure I need alot more information before I or someone else can really pinpoint what the problem is... I just really don't know what to start with.

Part list (2019 with new graphics card) 

• i5-4670k @4.6ghz
  • Msi Z87-G45 Gaming Atx LGA1150
  • G.Skill sniper gaming Series 16gb (2x8gb) DDR3-1600 mem  [this is pretty bad... I just realized this]
  • EVGA RTX 2060 6gb xc ultra gaming

To be honest, your part list doesn't look that bad.

The GPU is just fine.

The mainboard, memory and cpu could use an update, but i cannot say if they are the limiting factor in this case as i have little to no experience with the game mentioned or intel in particular.

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

13 minutes ago, BeagleDragon36 said:

Just a question, is your monitor plugged into the GPU? If not that might be your problem. 

yes it is plugged into my gpu... lol. I'm leaning towards this being more of a windows software issue maybe?

Maybe check your drivers? If it’s not that than maybe it’s the RAM or that you turned up the graphics settings for that game. 

When I upgraded my card, I had to go in and use a program to uninstall all of the old drivers. Sometimes having drivers for two different cards can cause issues.

Have you tried running MSI Afterburner to see your hardware usage?  What resolution is your monitor set to?