Holiday for 3 weeks

Hi, so I am going to holiday for 3 weeks and I can't use my desktop for all these 3 weeks since I am going to another country.

I am not the biggest tech nerd, so should I just close it down and put a carpet over it so nothing can get in and also take cables out from the plug, incase there is lightning?

If where you live gets lightning, just unplug it from the wall. I've never bothered to cover mine even when I've been away for 4 or 5 months, but I don't live anywhere with any nasty things that would really bother anything and just given it a quick dust when I've got back.

I agree. Just unplug it from the wall and if you feel like something is going to happen to your PC cover it.  I've never had to worry about that though. 

39 minutes ago, Emil_Loenneberg SE said:

Hi, so I am going to holiday for 3 weeks and I can't use my desktop for all these 3 weeks since I am going to another country.

I am not the biggest tech nerd, so should I just close it down and put a carpet over it so nothing can get in and also take cables out from the plug, incase there is lightning?

Just unplug your PC from the wall and enjoy your holiday ;)

Surround it with photos of Gaben.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

2 hours ago, TheBritishVillain said:

Post your address here and the dates the house will be empty. We will go and check on it for you to make sure it's safe.

We'll also check all your other belongings (especially any jewellery or other electronics.) ?

I would trust this person

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz