Need advice on new headphones (~$200)

xRorkes

Hello,

I want an upgrade from my SteelSeries Siberia V2s to something focusing more on audio quality rather than flashy lights/bright colours. I don't have a sound card in my pc and these headphones would mainly be plugged into my stereo where my record player is hooked up or my Note 3. I was looking to spend around $200 USD but I am willing to spend more if it seems like a better option. Any suggestion would be fabulous, thanks.

What about the Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Headphone? They're around $230.00 US.

CPU - I7 4770k @ 4.3GHz GPU - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Extreme RAM - 16GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 2133MHz  Case - Corsair 800D PSU - Corsair AX1,200i CPU Cooler - Custom Liquid CPU Cooler SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Hard Drive - Western Digital Black 1TB.

hd598 would be my pick.

| i5 4690K 4,4Ghz | Gtx 680 Msi twin frozr Oc edition | Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 Gb | Asus Z97-A | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB| Samsung 840 EVO SSD 120GB | Fractal Design Integra 750 W | All gently placed with great fright inside a Fractal Design Define R4 |

| ProJect Head Box S USB with Hifiman HE-400's plugged in | Check profile page for more Audio shizzle(dizzle) |

Hello,

I want an upgrade from my SteelSeries Siberia V2s to something focusing more on audio quality rather than flashy lights/bright colours. I don't have a sound card in my pc and these headphones would mainly be plugged into my stereo where my record player is hooked up or my Note 3. I was looking to spend around $200 USD but I am willing to spend more if it seems like a better option. Any suggestion would be fabulous, thanks.

are you looking for open-back or closed headphones? also do you like lot of bass in your music?

| i5 4690K 4,4Ghz | Gtx 680 Msi twin frozr Oc edition | Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 Gb | Asus Z97-A | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB| Samsung 840 EVO SSD 120GB | Fractal Design Integra 750 W | All gently placed with great fright inside a Fractal Design Define R4 |

| ProJect Head Box S USB with Hifiman HE-400's plugged in | Check profile page for more Audio shizzle(dizzle) |

Custom One Pros. i have them and they're awsome.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Do you need noise isolation? Do you want a lot of bass or just flat heaphones? Do you need them to be portable?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

I have them and a word of warning is they're pretty open, and while they have clear lows, they're pretty gutless for bass.  They don't thump or rumble or pop at all. 

What about the Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Headphone? They're around $230.00 US.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Do you need noise isolation? Do you want a lot of bass or just flat heaphones? Do you need them to be portable?

I second this

No point in fruitless recommendations, there's too many to choose from with OP's budget without considering how he'll be using the darn things.