Migrate 250gb hdd to 120gb SSD

Hi, I currently have a 250 GB HDD installed in my computer, and I want to transfer my OS to an SSD. I only want  to transfer my OS though, not the games I have downloaded, as they take too much space, how do I do this without deleting everything? Thanks in advance.

15 minutes ago, BRoughley488 said:

Hi, I currently have a 250 GB HDD installed in my computer, and I want to transfer my OS to an SSD. I only want  to transfer my OS though, not the games I have downloaded, as they take too much space, how do I do this without deleting everything? Thanks in advance.

Firstly a 120GB SSD is not very big windows with all its programs can get up to 100GB+. You could install windows on the sdd and put it in the pc and copy the files you want from the HDD. Then leave the games on the HDD for use. 

Technology is NEVER easy :(

2 hours ago, Trilex said:

Firstly a 120GB SSD is not very big windows with all its programs can get up to 100GB+. You could install windows on the sdd and put it in the pc and copy the files you want from the HDD. Then leave the games on the HDD for use. 

Yea that's what I'm planning on doing but I don't know how to make the coppy of windows without having a fresh install