My first PCB

Faisal A

Ho, Today I am making my first PCB (an LED blinky board). I will post the schematics and board view files soon

image.png.96ace11a1cca61e18da395e4521c41f5.png

image.png.2aca76ddffcfca5456b9686dce1cc261.png

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

Is LM555D even working with 3v?

Why not simplify your life with a PIC10F microcontroller and a 15$ programmer for it ... gives you the chance to learn some cool stuff... not to mention you'd only need the leds and a resistor for each led to limit current.

13 hours ago, Faisal A said:

Ho, Today I am making my first PCB (an LED blinky board). I will post the schematics and board view files soon

<snip>

*waves* hello, good effort, looks good, but 'mariushm' is right, the LM555D doesn't seem to like 5v.

... and don't take the following negatively, its constructive criticism.

Spoiler

your traces look kinda thin, have you run a design rule check? Fabrication houses tend to outline their capabilities for potential clients (oshapark even has a plugin thingy for eagle).

Ground planes (ground pores) are a great way to clean up the board layout.

Your fonts wacky, changing all the font to the same size can really help make things look professional.

The auto routers nice, but... for simple stuff you don't really need it, especially if you don't set the design rules.

Don't be afraid of 2 layer boards, 9/10 times the cost is the same as a 1 layer board (depending on how you plan on physically making the board).

Your schematic is busy and hard to follow, and none of your components have values.

but it's your first board! be proud and learn from your mistakes. Also make sure you have the ability to solder smd parts and such, if not, use through hole.

I went ahead and did a quick mock up of the same circuit so you could compare. Keep in mind this was quick and most of the small details have been overlooked.

Schematic

Spoiler

image.png.44d64fe34f04f83799878d4cddb604b8.png

Board layout

Spoiler

image.png.574cf63c3cae1a04139a35bbbf8513c0.png

The coin cell holder is on the bottom, all of the components are on the top (same plane).

The via is a ground via, it connects the top and bottom ground planes.

The trace connecting the two battery connector pins is there to keep eagle quiet, its not electrically needed.

Example parts

ill attach the files to the post too, case ya wana poke around.

Again, good first board, keep at it.

flasher.brd

flasher.sch

A bit of constructive criticism here. thicken up your traces, especially where you will be delivering power and along your grounds. I mean, your circuit is simple enough this design should be fine, but it's a good habit to start getting into.

Once you get the hang of that, try pouring copper power planes for power and ground in separate layers.

Good job for your first, go, have fun!