Watercooling my fish

Kodon

Heya!

I want to build a "watercooler" for my aquarium, have a rough idea of what I need and not much knowledge about how to electronics.

Parts I have so far:

5x TEC1-12706
2x Waterblock 40x200mm

6x generic 120mm fan 12V 0.25A 3-pin
360mm Radiator

2x Pump QR30E DC 12 V 4,2 W 240l/h

W1209 Temperature Sensor Module

Soft tubing stuff, wires, lots of cable ties

The idea is to use water"cooling" to move the heat and the cold away from the peltier elements.

Problems I need help with:

- What PSU would work?

- The temperature sensor can not handle the amps needed for all peltier elements

- The wireing including additional parts needed to regulate amps, voltage etc. so that nothing starts burning ?

I'm trying to keep it el cheapo style but there is no fixed budget.

Additional thoughts:

For longevity it might be a good idea not to run the TECs at full power.

It would be nice to be able to control the fan and pump speed.

I'll totally fill the cold loop with vodka to avoid freezing ?

I hope someone can help, thanks in advance!

Use a proper fish tank temperature regulator that isn't made out of random crap ebay parts that will poison your fish or get clogged with growth deposits.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

34 minutes ago, Kodon said:

I'll totally fill the cold loop with vodka to avoid freezing 

are you sure?

this will lower increase freezing temp, thus easier to freeeze

There will be no growth or fish poisoning as almost all parts are external and the system will work like water-cooling in nuclear reactors is set up :)

Vodka freezes at -17°C while water does at 0°C. What do you want to tell me @dgsddfgdfhgs .

On 7/3/2019 at 2:35 PM, Kodon said:

There will be no growth or fish poisoning as almost all parts are external and the system will work like water-cooling in nuclear reactors is set up :)

Vodka freezes at -17°C while water does at 0°C. What do you want to tell me @dgsddfgdfhgs .

?This guy knows his shit. I wouldn't mess with him ☝️☝️?

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a cool project, what sort of micro-controller are you planning on using?

Also it's ok to have a power supply rated for more amps than needed, as the component will try what's required as long as you are not forcefully pushing the current into the device.