Should I upgrade 120mm to 140mm considering this setup?

SaHaRzZz
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
1 minute ago, SaHaRzZz said:

Will upgrading the top fans to 140mm help with the GPU temps?

or in my case it really wouldn't help at all?

It probably wouldn't make a noticeable difference. 

Are you just using the stock graphics card fan curve? The temps aren't very low but still perfectly safe. I wouldn't worry about it unless you wanted more headroom for oc'ing. 

Hi, I really don't know if it would make a difference considering my current fan setup, which is:

Rear: Aer F120 (x1)

Top: Aer F120 (x2)

Front push: Aer P140 (x2)
Front pull: Corsair ML140 RGB (x2)

My top priority is to keep the GPU a bit cooler, now it reaches 76-77c when stress testing for 10 minutes.

Do you think 140mm will help? considering what I do already have

What are your specs?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

54 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What are your specs?

i9 9900k

rtx 2080 ti palit gaming oc

4x8 dominator platinum

nzxt h400

gigabyte z390 m gaming

nzxt kraken x62

13 minutes ago, SaHaRzZz said:

nzxt kraken x62

If you mean adding the ML140's in pull, the one directly under the graphics card could help a bit. 

If you aren't already running the fans near max rpm, you could simulate the results by raising the front fan speeds. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

If you mean adding the ML140's in pull, the one directly under the graphics card could help a bit. 

I do have two ML140's in pull, and I added about an hour ago two NZXT Aer P140's in push for a push/pull configuration on the radiator which is on the front side just because I had them around.

I wish I had a fog machine to test air flow inside my case ><

1 minute ago, SaHaRzZz said:

Are you just using the stock graphics card fan curve? The temps aren't very low but still perfectly safe. I wouldn't worry about it unless you wanted more headroom for oc'ing. 

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

No I changed the fan curve for the GPU and the case fans and got it down from 86 to 77 degrees max, I just wanted to see if I can make it go down a bit more.
But if it wouldn't make a noticeable difference then I guess it is what it is !
thank you for your patience!