Ryzen temperatures

ItzUknown

Soo yesterday I built my brand new pc and i put a ryzen 2600 with a stock cooler!! Also I built in a phanteks enthoo evolv mini itx (which doesnt really have good airflow and it only has one fan a 200mm) my temperatures in ryzen master reached 95 C however I live in a really hot town which has about 30 C daily day or night !! Is this normal?? Like that seems kind of high

double check everything physically inside the case

I'd still change the stock cooler though. The wraith STEALTH is just not capable of cooling a six-core cpu within a poorly ventilated ITX case with high ambient temperatures. Some cheap solution (ID Cooling SE-213V2 for instance) might be available for you.

What is the maximal CPU cooler height you can install in your case? What case do you have exactly?

And make sure you undervolt the CPU or use offset voltage -50-100 mV. that also means 4-5celsius according to my experience.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

6 minutes ago, Rxd said:

double check everything physically inside the case

Ive done that already but its funny that after i started this topic it went down to 60 - 80

1 minute ago, Vejnemojnen said:

I'd still change the stock cooler though. The wraith STEALTH is just not capable of cooling a six-core cpu within a poorly ventilated ITX case with high ambient temperatures. Some cheap solution (ID Cooling SE-213V2 for instance) might be available for you.

What is the maximal CPU cooler height you can install in your case? What case do you have exactly?

I have a phanteks enthoo evolv itx but i was thinking because it doesn't come with rear fan i could install a liquid cooler with a single rad

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

I agree with @Vejnemojnen.

I wouldn't expect much better from your case and temperature situation.

Ohh well I guess I need to buy a liquid cooler or something more capable at least

specs.jpg

It seems you have plenty of options for adding more airflow, if you can install new fans. And 200mm tall CPU cooler support is very good. I like this case, looks good, and has upgrade-ability. Let us know how have you decided. I'd probably go with 2 front and 1 back exhaust fan, such as BQ SilentWings and with a CPU cooler like 212Evo, 212X, Fera3 or AlpenFöhn Ben Nevis (advanced) or Brocken Eco (advanced). Should be night&day to 1 fan&stock cooler setup.

Don't worry, those coolers should be fine. The stock 2600 wraith stealth is just not a good cooler. Even a gammaxx200t deepcool vastly outperforms it, for price around 15USD. The mentioned CPU coolers are all superieur.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

47 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

specs.jpg

It seems you have plenty of options for adding more airflow, if you can install new fans. And 200mm tall CPU cooler support is very good. I like this case, looks good, and has upgrade-ability. Let us know how have you decided. I'd probably go with 2 front and 1 back exhaust fan, such as BQ SilentWings and with a CPU cooler like 212Evo, 212X, Fera3 or AlpenFöhn Ben Nevis (advanced) or Brocken Eco (advanced). Should be night&day to 1 fan&stock cooler setup.

Don't worry, those coolers should be fine. The stock 2600 wraith stealth is just not a good cooler. Even a gammaxx200t deepcool vastly outperforms it, for price around 15USD. The mentioned CPU coolers are all superieur.

I think that i will go with a 240 on top and a 120 rear fan.... also the b450 pro wifi from aorus that i have has only 2 fan headers(one for system fan one for cpu fan)  but i have a thing from deepcool  which lets you connect up to 10 fans but i dont know if its good to connect it with the cpu cooler too because i have a fillimg that it will control the fans equally to thr others and bake my cpu

36 minutes ago, ItzUknown said:

I think that i will go with a 240 on top and a 120 rear fan.... also the b450 pro wifi from aorus that i have has only 2 fan headers(one for system fan one for cpu fan)  but i have a thing from deepcool  which lets you connect up to 10 fans but i dont know if its good to connect it with the cpu cooler too because i have a fillimg that it will control the fans equally to thr others and bake my cpu

The hub splits the same signal. If the fan speeds correspond to the cpu temps, all of the fans would change speed depending on cpu temps. You can check your motherboard settings for what temps the fans follow. The cpu is probably the last thing to overheat with the default motherboard settings set to follow cpu temps. I'd be more worried about everything else in the system -- mainly the graphics card considering how close to the psu shroud it is. 

Moved to Air Cooling. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

6 hours ago, ItzUknown said:

Ohh well I guess I need to buy a liquid cooler or something more capable at least

Like @Vejnemojnen said.

You will want to have an exhaust fan in the back. You'll probably see a decent drop in temps from that.

Changing the cpu cooler will definitely help. If you want to go for a 240mm AIO, go for it.

You can get big improvements with something quite a bit more affordable though.

On 6/29/2019 at 4:50 AM, StarsMars said:

Like @Vejnemojnen said.

You will want to have an exhaust fan in the back. You'll probably see a decent drop in temps from that.

Changing the cpu cooler will definitely help. If you want to go for a 240mm AIO, go for it.

You can get big improvements with something quite a bit more affordable though.

Well I was thinking about getting a noctua air cooler and 3 chromax fans (from noctua) because I am new to pc building I do not want to get an AIO cooler and mess something up

5 hours ago, ItzUknown said:

Well I was thinking about getting a noctua air cooler and 3 chromax fans (from noctua) because I am new to pc building I do not want to get an AIO cooler and mess something up

Those have horrible value. You pay 15€ per fan for the brand.

57 minutes ago, thinwalrus said:

Those have horrible value. You pay 15€ per fan for the brand.

Well I found out that you can buy a pack of 3 fans from aerocool (rgb too)  and people are saying that they are really good sooo I am thinking of huyimg those only for 50€

15 hours ago, ItzUknown said:

Well I found out that you can buy a pack of 3 fans from aerocool (rgb too)  and people are saying that they are really good sooo I am thinking of huyimg those only for 50€

I would get Arctic p14:s or Noctua redux 140:s / be quiet silent wings 3:s if you want to spend more. RGB from led strip if necessary. Most RGB fans are quite bad, even the popular youtuber dual light loops from corsair are garbage for the price. https://www.techpowerup.com/review/corsair-ll120-rgb/5.html