AMD and EA you have 4 days, don't dissapoint

JAW96

okay, I have been patient, but you are testing me now with mantle, I want to see it already I don't care whether it makes a difference, it just needs to be released, and if it doesn't someone, somewhere is going to get a good smack. Now I don't want to hear "well the game still needs work" no it has been running fine for most of the month.

this is you last chance before everyone just abandons the idea. 

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

mantle got delayed.....

oh, AMD and EA's world shall BURN (breaks into laughter)

lol, your rage means nothing to AMD or EA. This should also be in off topic because a rant is general discussion material.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

lol, your rage means nothing to AMD or EA. This should also be in off topic because a rant is general discussion material.

didn't know where to put it so, this is kinda default.

you are right a rant is general discussion.
Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

okay, I have been patient, but you are testing me now with mantle, I want to see it already I don't care whether it makes a difference, it just needs to be released, and if it doesn't someone, somewhere is going to get a good smack. Now I don't want to hear "well the game still needs work" no it has been running fine for most of the month.

Well as of now AMD is the bottleneck in this matter more than EA or any other developing company that wants to work with Mantle since, well AMD makes the Mantle API afterall.

However Mantle might already be done and, behind closed doors, AMD is waiting on DICE and EA to integrate it with Battlefield 4, since BF4 is the game that's most associated with Mantle and AMD wants to launch Mantle along with a Mantle-Ready-Battlefield 4

Or maybe Mantle is gonna come out AND THEN and only then DICE and other developers get their hands on it and start to work.

So you're either gonna wait a while longer for Mantle games, or you're gonna wait a while longer and even another while longer for Mantle games

I am sure both EA and AMD will take your post into consideration and release mantle early just for you. It will be unsupported and buggy, but they only have 4 days from you so they have no choice. Thankfully you're the sole guy supporting the project and certainly mean the most to both teams so your voice will be heard.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

leonardo-dicaprio-inception-movie-meme-f

So you're either gonna wait a while longer for Mantle games, or you're gonna wait a while longer and even another while longer for Mantle games

I think you mean, the games that have mantle from the beggining of the development :P

I am sure both EA and AMD will take your post into consideration and release mantle early just for you. It will be unsupported and buggy, but they only have 4 days from you so they have no choice. Thankfully you're the sole guy supporting the project and certainly mean the most to both teams so your voice will be heard.

yes, they will release it on my time stamp

I'm curious to see the performance results of this as it might tip the scale in favour of a 270x for my next build, however I'm not curious enough to give even the benefit of the doubt to EA ever again after Simcity 2013.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I like how everyone's bitching about Mantle being delayed when Valve gets away with Valve Time™. 

"But we actually like Valve!". It's the same shit. 

I Honestly don't think Valve will continue to develop games for much longer anyways, I mean they're making big moneys on Steam and their coding talents are probably being spent on SteamOS and all that jazz.

-------

Current Rig

-------

With the numerous delays of Mantle... it looks like that (one or more of the following):

-> It's actually hard to implement.

-> The performance gain is too small, and are working with AMD to try and display the performance improvement, let alone the 40% performance increase, and they are have having a hard time.

Only time will tell.. but I think that the large performance increase pointed by AMD with Mantle will be Battlefield exclusive, and not something that all games will provide, making purchasing a faster card worth while as that would affect all games. In addition, on Nvidia side, their implementation of DirectX provide better performance than AMD offering (that is known fact. AMD does focus more on OpenGL though). But Mantle is compared to DirectX not OpenGL. So, like I have been saying, especially with the lack of information, let alone any proper side by side demo, Mantle, while no doubt will provide some level of performance boost, I think it's mostly hype.

attachicon.gifaTRybC4l.jpg

Stop spouting bullshit, and this topic is bad and y'all should feel bad.

"HALF LIFE 3 MUST COME OUT NEXT WEEK OR I AM GOING TO BE VERY ANGRY WITH YOU GABEN"

thanks, today I read a topic that said it was delayed.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

"HALF LIFE 3 MUST COME OUT NEXT WEEK OR I AM GOING TO BE VERY ANGRY WITH YOU GABEN"

I regret nothing, I have been supportive of mantle since the start just constant delays are getting pretty irritating 

though cool, no delay

I like how everyone's bitching about Mantle being delayed when Valve gets away with Valve Time™. 

"But we actually like Valve!". It's the same shit. 

It's because of the hype AMD built up surrounding Mantle. Valve lets the community do the hype building. If Valve started going on about how Half-Life 3 will be 40% better then anything before it, etc, people will start to get furious with their time frame.

lol, your rage means nothing to AMD or EA. This should also be in off topic because a rant *isn't general discussion material.

^^Typo

didn't know where to put it so, this is kinda default.

Off topic is default for things not directly pertaining to Tech, your complaining about tech that hasn't been released not talking about the tech itself.

you are right a rant is general discussion.

Typo on my part, rant's aren't general discussion material.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Just realized that we are almost to the end of January. Time flies quick and they should be finished and are testing now in order to release it this month.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer