Help

HairyPotter
Go to solution Solved by HairyPotter,
25 minutes ago, Amforev said:

Just a pendrive with Linux on it, it's super easy to do it.

Here is how:https://manjaro.org/support/firststeps/#making-a-live-system

Good news the buyer folowed these simple steps https://www.reneelab.com/fix-windows-10-defaultuser0-problem.html and got it fixed thank you guys anyways for helping! Love this community

So just sold my gaming laptop to somemone (acer nitro 5) and when they turned on the laptop, an account called defaultuser0 they told me that there is a password, but there isn't one, is this some problem with windows? I need help to help him fix it please

1 minute ago, HairyPotter said:

Yeah says incorrect pretty much tried all the default passwords

Tried 'trs10' yet?

Anyways, it's probably best to just reset Windows at this point. Or use some Linux distro to reset the password, but I don't know how the latter goes exactly.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

8 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

So just sold my gaming laptop to somemone (acer nitro 5) and when they turned on the laptop, an account called defaultuser0 they told me that there is a password, but there isn't one, is this some problem with windows? I need help to help him fix it please

Reinstall windows otherwise via bootable USB ?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Just now, Minibois said:

Tried 'trs10' yet?

Anyways, it's probably best to just reset Windows at this point. Or use some Linux distro to reset the password, but I don't know how the latter goes exactly.

Hoe do i tell him to reset windows if its locked by the password? 

Just now, Stormseeker9 said:

Reinstall windows otherwise via bootable USB ?

How do i tell him to do that?, He says he is stuck on the loading screen, it keeps just loading now

2 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

Hoe do i tell him to reset windows if its locked by the password? 

Reset the password, probably.

Or completely reinstall it. The former might be seen as hacking.. depending on where you're from.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

Reset the password, probably.

Or completely reinstall it. The former might be seen as hacking.. depending on where you're from.

How do i reset?

3 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

How do i tell him to do that?, He says he is stuck on the loading screen, it keeps just loading now

He needs to create one.

download windows 10 from Microsoft and they also have a guide to make a bootable USB. 

Once he’s done that go into the bios and set USB as booting device

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Just now, Stormseeker9 said:

He needs to create one.

download windows 10 from Microsoft and they also have a guide to make a bootable USB. 

Do you have links that list the steps and help? He is pretty new to this

How do i reset?

There are some Linux distros that can do this, but that might fall under hacking, so not recommended. Especially for the not so tech savy.

The basics steps are:

Make a bootable USB thumbdrive (go to Google, go to the Windows 10 website, follow the steps and get a bootable USB drive)

Boot from this drive (change the boot order in the laptop's BIOS)

Install Windows

That's it.

3 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

He needs to create one.

And does he nees to activate windows after the reset? Windows came with the laptop so that would be inconvenient

Do you have links that list the steps and help? He is pretty new to this

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10ISO

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

Just now, Minibois said:

There are some Linux distros that can do this, but that might fall under hacking, so not recommended. Especially for the not so tech savy.

The basics steps are:

Make a bootable USB thumbdrive (go to Google, go to the Windows 10 website, follow the steps and get a bootable USB drive)

Boot from this drive (change the boot order in the laptop's BIOS)

Install Windows

That's it.

Trust me no hackers im pretty sure, does reinstalling windows require a new key? Windows came with the laptop so that can be inconvenient

4 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

Trust me no hackers im pretty sure, does reinstalling windows require a new key? Windows came with the laptop so that can be inconvenient

No, the key should be tied to the laptop motherboard, so it should activate itself after reinstall.

Just when you are at the step where it asks for a windows key, just click the absolutely tiny button labeled "i don't have a key"

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

3 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

No, the key should be tied to the laptop motherboard, so it should activate itself after reinstall.

Just when you are at the step where it asks for a windows key, just click the absolutely tiny button labeled "i don't have a key"

After clicking i dont have a key that should work?

4 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Hoe do i install windows when its already installed btw?

9 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

After clicking i dont have a key that should work?

yes

9 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

Hoe do i install windows when its already installed btw?

Like @Stormseeker9 told you. Just boot to the Windows installer usb (media creation tool) and then click "install windows"

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

8 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

yes

Like @Stormseeker9 told you. Just boot to the Windows installer usb (media creation tool) and then click "install windows"

Well the person I'm trying to help is a newbie so he doesn't know much, if its not a hassle can you please make a detailed list so i can send him? With links and instructions

This method should work:

-> make bootable linux flash drive

-> boot from it

-> go to this location volume(capacity of the volume) -> Windows -> System32

-> rename file called "sethc" (for example to "sethc7")

-> copy cmd file

-> paste it to the same loccation

-> rename coppied file to "sethc"

-> reboot the computer

-> boot from windows

-> at login screen spam "shift" a copule of times until terminal pops out

-> write "net user nameoftheuser * " in terminal then press "enter"

-> press enter once more

-> press enter again

-> write "exit" in the terminal and press "enter"

-> password should be removed

This method works with Windows 7 so it should work with Windows 10 either.

4 minutes ago, Amforev said:

This method should work:

-> make bootable linux flash drive

-> boot from it

-> go to this location volume(capacity of the volume) -> Windows -> System32

-> rename file called "sethc" (for example to "sethc7")

-> copy cmd file

-> paste it to the same loccation

-> rename coppied file to "sethc"

-> reboot the computer

-> boot from windows

-> at login screen spam "shift" a copule of times until terminal pops out

-> write "net user nameoftheuser * " in terminal then press "enter"

-> press enter once more

-> press enter again

-> write "exit" in the terminal and press "enter"

-> password should be removed

This method works with Windows 7 so it should work with Windows 10 either.

Bootable linux drive? Whats that

Well the person I'm trying to help is a newbie so he doesn't know much, if its not a hassle can you please make a detailed list so i can send him? With links and instructions

Press whichever button is bound to the BIOS menu while setting up and change the boot order to external usb driveand boot into the windows usb by retsarting and finish the setup

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

Phone (waiting on arrival): Samsung Galaxy Note 9

2 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

Bootable linux drive? Whats that

Not worth the trouble

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

Phone (waiting on arrival): Samsung Galaxy Note 9