Price estimates for selling a PC? (Old i5, 980)

Craftable124
Go to solution Solved by emosun,

i think the only big ticket item would be the 980 but otherwise not much there so maybe 400 to the right buyer or about 350

EDIT: Why is this in graphics cards? Meant to put it in general discussion :/

Alright, as you all know, zen 2 processors are upon us and as such I'm jumping ship to team red this summer. I'm thinking of selling my whole PC, since I want to make the move to mATX and change platforms, so most of it has to go anyway. The only thing that would change is I'll keep my 850 watt power supply and replace it with one more suited to this rig.

Specs:

CPU: I5-3570k

GPU: Gtx 980

RAM: 8GB ddr3 (1833mhz)

Cooling: Corsair h80i v2 cooler

Storage: 1TB HDD + 120gb SSD

MoBo: Gigabyte H77N-WIFI

Case: Fractal Define Nano S (non-window)

I put this system together last year since I've been laptop-only since 2016 and wanted something for games. Mostly I've played DOOM, GTA V, CS:GO, etc so not exactly brand new titles, however this system seems to handle 1080p gaming very well. The biggest issue here going to be CPU, because even though it's a K chip, the motherboard is H77 and hence non-overclockable. 

So again, it would be sold as pictured but with a different PSU, and the stock corsair fans on the rad. Oh, and a little dusting, of course. ?

So, what do you guys think I can get out of this, selling online in the US?

Build image:

Spoiler

pc.jpg.de93fd6601f040655546ab5f6c562c20.jpg

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

i think the only big ticket item would be the 980 but otherwise not much there so maybe 400 to the right buyer or about 350

Just now, emosun said:

This is pretty much what I was thinking, but wanted extra opinions before I made any decisions. My hope is to be able to hit around the 400 mark because I feel if I got close to $300 it wouldn't really be worth the effort since I could keep the 980 and repurpose the rest of the parts somehow.

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

$400 is about right. One tip. RGB sells. I think it's stupid but it's just the way it is. You can replace those fans with rgb fans and move those to your new system. Or get some cheap strips. You will need a cheap rgb controller. Take pics in dim light with the rgb on

I sold a 3770 / 16gb / 1050ti system for £500 recently but took us few months to shift. Had a few easy £350 offers 

7 minutes ago, Jay Deah said:

I sold a 3770 / 16gb / 1050ti system for £500 recently but took us few months to shift. Had a few easy £350 offers 

Wow. I'd be able to buy a really nice good new system for that budget... how on earth... I'd not get £500 for twice that. XD