In need of help.

Hey everyone! Just wanted your opinion on this PC Parts Picker build I did. I'm wondering if everything will be compatible with each other? I've never built a PC before so my skills are lacking. Feel free to suggest changes! I'm all ears!

Thanks a bunch for any help!

PC BUILD: 

New ryzen parts hit store shelves 7/7, worth the wait in my opinion

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

And new NVIDIA GPUs too.

5 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Thanks for the heads up!

3 minutes ago, pizapower said:

And new NVIDIA GPUs too.

Thanks for the heads up! Any particular recommendations when it comes to a GPU to keep an eye on? One around $300CAD (don't want to break the bank lol)

6 minutes ago, CheeseLaBouf said:

Thanks for the heads up! Any particular recommendations when it comes to a GPU to keep an eye on? One around $300CAD (don't want to break the bank lol)

The new RTX 2060 super maybe? It'll likely end up being closer to 400 CAD though. Unless you're looking at the used market, the RX 590 is a solid choice for that price. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

GTX1660/1660ti and RTX2060 prices will drop when the Super series get released.

3 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

The new RTX 2060 super maybe? It'll likely end up being closer to 400 CAD though. Unless you're looking at the used market, the RX 590 is a solid choice for that price. 

Yeah its tough being a Canuck. The RTX 2060 is $450-$500 CAD at the moment lol

1 minute ago, pizapower said:

GTX1660/1660ti and RTX2060 prices will drop when the Super series get released.

I will definitely keep an eye on them! :)

If you want to save some money, you can get Ryzen 1600 for as low as 80$ (MicroCenter) and around 110-130$ at places like Amazon.  It's maybe 95-98% of the performance of a Ryzen 2600 but you're saving 50$+

Spend maybe 20-30$ more on the motherboard... a higher end B450 or x470 motherboard will be more "compatible" with 3rd generation Ryzens (Ryzen 3xxx series), they'll get more frequent BIOS updates, their VRM will be slightly better quality so capable of better handling 12 core or even 16 core Ryzen 3xxx  (if you'll decide to upgrade)...

See maybe Gigabyte - B450 AORUS ELITE or ASRock - X470 Master SLI/AC or MSI - X470 GAMING PLUS

RX 590 is not worth it... it's like an overclocked RX 580, which you can buy for around 160-180$. A RX 580 8GB is good up to 1440p 60fps.

Power supply is a good choice.

The SSD is an OK choice, but it's only SATA (up to 550 MB/s) so you can do slightly better in that price range... for example 80$ for ADATA XPG Gammix S5 (512 GB with NVME pci-e x4 in M.2 so you take advantage of those pci-e lanes coming from cpu) : https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07K8W69CQ/

Another decent option is HP EX900 500 GB M.2 pci-e x4 for ~85$ : https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/7stQzy/hp-ex900-500mb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-2yy44aaabc

Yes, you should wait until the 7th because you may get some sales on Ryzen 2xxx processors and maybe some sales/discounts on B450/X470 boards.

ok, here we go... the stuff i would change

CPU: Better to wait for 3rd gen Ryzen, and then mobo as well probably

OS: "Pirate Windows" from a USB and get the product key online for much less money, or use linux. the os on pcpartpicker is not good to buy from.

PSU: Don't need 650W for such a build, 550 is enough. Look for 100 more than your TDP with at least bronze certification.

GPU is overpriced, look for a cheaper 590.

3 hours ago, CheeseLaBouf said:

The better value is at the RX 580 level for now.  I would look more at something like this for a healthy FPS per $ ratio: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/rKgzK8/powercolor-radeon-rx-580-8gb-video-card-axrx-580-8gbd5-3dhdv2oc

Similar performance class to the more expensive refresh - RX 590;  unless you really feel you need more FPS (depends on the target FPS and resolution of your monitor) in which case I'd aim higher than the RX 590, at that point you're looking at RX 2060 Super or Vega 56/64 (if a deal can be found), or even wait for Navi RX 5700.

3 hours ago, CheeseLaBouf said:

Here you go buddy....

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($204.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty B450 GAMING K4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($100.76 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($79.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Intel - 660p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($79.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX VEGA 56 8 GB Video Card  ($369.99 @ Memory Express) 
Case: Corsair - Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.98 @ Corsair) 
Power Supply: Rosewill - Capstone 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Total: $1025.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-23 00:16 EDT-0400

But i'll still recommend you to wait untill ryzen 2 launch...

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

5 hours ago, Airdragonz said:

Given that an RTX 2060 is in the 450-550 CAD range, I really doubt that the SUPER variant is going to be that much less on launch.

3 hours ago, LogicWeasel said:

I would never wish this cooler on someone else lol. Mine sounds like a jet taking off. (And it's not defective, it's just a poor cooling unit.)

A reasonable cooled RX 580 (8GB PULSE) is only about $50 CAD less than a rather nice cooler unit on a 590 (Nitro+) and only about 20 CAD less than this rather nice (albeit a single fan unit) EVGA Black Gaming 1660.

I'd argue that for price to performance, the 1660 is going to take the cake currently. (approximate match to the RX 590, solid cooler unit, only ~$20 CAD more than a decent cooler RX 580 unit.)

6 hours ago, trevb0t said:

I would never wish this cooler on someone else lol. Mine sounds like a jet taking off. (And it's not defective, it's just a poor cooling unit.)

Ahh, go figure there's another cheap cooler that is as deceiving as the MSI Armor series.  One glance and I presume it's better than a blower and on-par with other 2-fan models since it's got a big heatsink with dual-fan, but those fans are noisy even during average speeds eh?

Also go figure as I didn't realize the RX 590 doesn't even beat the 1660, let alone the gap the 1660 Ti creates before you hit Vega 56-level performance.  Perhaps the 1660 is the best-buy here (not to mention easier to cool with 1 fan).

9 hours ago, LogicWeasel said:

Ahh, go figure there's another cheap cooler that is as deceiving as the MSI Armor series.  One glance and I presume it's better than a blower and on-par with other 2-fan models since it's got a big heatsink with dual-fan, but those fans are noisy even during average speeds eh?

Also go figure as I didn't realize the RX 590 doesn't even beat the 1660, let alone the gap the 1660 Ti creates before you hit Vega 56-level performance.  Perhaps the 1660 is the best-buy here (not to mention easier to cool with 1 fan).

Generally it's 580 < 1660 ~ 590 < 1660 Ti though of course there are games that prefer either or. 

In U.S. pricing currently the Ti rivals the 570 in p2p (it costs much more, but performs much more.) Based on current Canadian sales it's gotta be the 1660.

I think the "Red Devil" cooler by Powercolor is a bit better, but I dont think any of their offerings are a great option if you care about noise. 

I dont think the one listed throttles performance, but I would never try to OC mine, since just normal boost clock ramps the fans up so hard. 

Armor is interesting because the Armor series are great coolers for higher end nVidia cards. The AMD cards just heat differently. The ROG Strix coolers have all sorts of thermal problems despite being very high end designs. 

On 6/23/2019 at 2:04 AM, pizapower said:

And new NVIDIA GPUs too.

What GPUs?