Help me Decide on a TV

Go to solution Solved by TheFlyingTraut,

Anything other than OLED from LG is just a joke. Their panels are "ok" but not $1500 worth. Buy a 55" oled over a 65" 9000. I own a LG OLED, C7. I play games, owned it for a couple years. You can read all the reviews you want about burn in, but I call bull. I have had it on games for 10+ hours at a time on occasion with games like Forza or Red Dead with constant huds. Just turn your tv off once in a while and run pixel refresher. The new LG soundbar is legit. That SK10 is a good soundbar. I have the SK9 and it does wonders for what it's used for. 

Please feel free to PM me if you have direct questions. I am an actual OLED owner with experience in AV stuff, sold it for a while too. I have real experience with the stuff, not some online forum junkie who never buys product.

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16889007642

or

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PP49764/ref=twister_B07PQBF9RK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

So i am looking for a new TV. I really do not need one RIGHT now because I am in Afghanistan and simply 1080p doesn't bother my 3 year old watching cartoons. I get back some time in September and noticed these two are on sell. We have the LG SK10Y 5.1.2 Channel Hi-Res Audio Sound Bar with Dolby Atmos soundbar already and I AM NOT AN AV BUFF type guy so please forgive me on my ignorance if I say something stupid. 

Considerations: 

• $1,800 budget
  • I was thinking of sticking with LG because of the drivers that push the soundbar and TV were engineered in the same location. So my thinking is they would mesh slightly better then if I paired a QLED from Samsung with my LG soundbar. 
  • Concerned with OLED burn in, not a huge gamer on the TV perhaps when the kid get older, but it wont be marathon gaming where a game is displayed all day. Most my gaming is PC based, so please only respond if you know the metrics of the burn in, not if you just read that its possible. I.E sure its possible for OLED to burn in, but would the average person really be effected by this? or is it really only a concern with big gamers that have a HUD up all day.
  • Should I wait because I wont be watching the TV until probably October. My concern is would this be a deal that is to good to pass and I should jump on it, have my wife just keep the box in the bed room, or wait until cyber Monday for another sell? 
  • or do you have other recommendations on a TV 

Anything other than OLED from LG is just a joke. Their panels are "ok" but not $1500 worth. Buy a 55" oled over a 65" 9000. I own a LG OLED, C7. I play games, owned it for a couple years. You can read all the reviews you want about burn in, but I call bull. I have had it on games for 10+ hours at a time on occasion with games like Forza or Red Dead with constant huds. Just turn your tv off once in a while and run pixel refresher. The new LG soundbar is legit. That SK10 is a good soundbar. I have the SK9 and it does wonders for what it's used for. 

Please feel free to PM me if you have direct questions. I am an actual OLED owner with experience in AV stuff, sold it for a while too. I have real experience with the stuff, not some online forum junkie who never buys product.

12 hours ago, TheFlyingTraut said:

ultimately the choice is yours but for me i would go with the Nano 9, the colors on that thing are just amazing.