I’m new to audio is this a good setup?

BilyBobThornton

Hi, I’m very new to the audio game. Right now I have Astro a50s gen1 which are in dire need of an upgrade. For the mic setup I am thinking about an AT2020 and a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4. For my headphones I am thinking about a Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO with the Schiit stack. Again I am very new to this and would appreciate any and all suggestions!

instead of getting a schiit stack grab a monoprice liquid spark or a jds labs atom. the atom is the cleanest amp ever released forbasically under $500 and its only a $100. both are a cut above the magni. and grab a nice dac like topping d10 or a d30 chearper and comparable inperformance to the modi. the 990 is great for gaming but i must warn you if you are treble sensitive they can be a bit sharp. 

2 minutes ago, BilyBobThornton said:

I was also thinking about the Mayflower Arc, thoughts?

its pretty ok but not as good as what i recomended sound wise. but not a bad unit for features. 

Thank you so much. 1 last question I am going to be gaming on both PC and PS4 so which would work with the PS4?

6 hours ago, BilyBobThornton said:

Thank you so much. 1 last question I am going to be gaming on both PC and PS4 so which would work with the PS4?

The topping d30 shou work if you run it though optical

• 2 weeks later...

AT2020 - I'd recommend the MXL V67G instead, though it's up to personal preference.  

Focusrite Scarlett 2i4. - You may as well just get a Behringer UM2 which does the same exact thing for a fraction of the price. 

Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO - I think they sound nice, but I would recommend headphones with a modular cable just because the "if anything goes wrong with a cheap wire then the whole $150 investment is dead" is a really unethical and stupid form of planned obsolescence.

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage