#Beforeitwascool | Muffinator's Build | Plasti-Dipped GPU + Mobo Done! |

Muffinator

That's another, better, way to do it.

Awesome. Glad to hear it.

Yep! I honestly can't think of any cons to this! It's great and looks fantastic!

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |

Did you really Plasti-dip the motherboard and not cover the BIOS battery? 

... I too like to live dangerously. (What if it goes dead? Or if you need to reset the BIOS?)

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Did you really Plasti-dip the motherboard and not cover the BIOS battery? 

... I too like to live dangerously. (What if it goes dead? Or if you need to reset the BIOS?)

I'll just peel it off... It's super easy to remove it.. Trust me it's no big deal.

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

I'll just peel it off... It's super easy to remove it.. Trust me it's no big deal.

Yes, but then you'll either have to repaint it, or potentially tear a part you don't want torn. 

I'm not sure on the durability of the coating, but I figure it'd be tricky just tearing the BIOS battery out without going beyond it.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

To tear Plasti-dip cleanly off an adjacent part, it needs to be done after it's set up a bit. At least that's how they showed doing car emblems, within a couple hours. Not the next day or more

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

Yes, but then you'll either have to repaint it, or potentially tear a part you don't want torn. 

I'm not sure on the durability of the coating, but I figure it'd be tricky just tearing the BIOS battery out without going beyond it.

Not really.. You could always use a razor and lightly trace around the battery holder and it wouldn't peel past it.

• 5 months later...

I didn't bump this for no reason. I sold of the 760 with plasti-dip and got an r9 290!

I will post pics later.

Can I Plasti-Dip my Reference Cooler of my REF. ZOTAC GEFORCE GTX 670? Thanks for the Help and Topic. Because I'm also planning to Plasti-Dip to BLUE on my REF. Cooler for my Personal Rig MOD

post-43503-0-11078100-1407244919.jpg

My RIG CPU:Intel Core i5 6600K OC'ed 4.5 GHz Cooler: ZALMAN CNPS 10X Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z270M D3H RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8GB 2400 MHz DDR4  GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256 bit GDDR5 Storage: SEAGATE Sv35 1 TB and WD Green 2 TB . PSU: Seasonic S12ii 520W Case: Cooler Master N200

• 2 weeks later...

Can I Plasti-Dip my Reference Cooler of my REF. ZOTAC GEFORCE GTX 670? Thanks for the Help and Topic. Because I'm also planning to Plasti-Dip to BLUE on my REF. Cooler for my Personal Rig MOD

You should be able to plasti-dip the pcb. Just make sure not to get any on the blower and none in the heat fins.