#Beforeitwascool | Muffinator's Build | Plasti-Dipped GPU + Mobo Done! |

Muffinator

It's soooo sexy! D:

Thanks!

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |

Looks awesome, i hope you will test how it performe.

Thank you!

I have... I benched it using Heaven to get temps before hand.. temps stayed in the range of 70-80C... And after I plasti'd it the temps are the same!

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Thank you!

I have... I benched it using Heaven to get temps before hand.. temps stayed in the range of 70-80C... And after I plasti'd it the temps are the same!

i see, thank for that info :D

i see, thank for that info :D

No problem!

Coming Up!

Plasti dipped Motherboard PCB and GPU pcb!

Nice, at least you actually went for it instead of talked about it for ages. Good job, looks great.

Can't wait to see pictures of the mobo

Nice, at least you actually went for it instead of talked about it for ages. Good job, looks great.

Can't wait to see pictures of the mobo

Nice work with the Dip

looks Fantastic! :)

Thank you!

I think I will start work on the mobo on Monday... Kind of want a computer for the weekend.

Thank you!

I think I will start work on the mobo on Monday... Kind of want a computer for the weekend.

looking forward to it, good luck!

I think plasti-dip will become a lot more popular in computers now that more people are doing it. I dipped my vengeance ram heatsinks black a week or two ago. they were originally blue but it didn't match at all. A really useful product

looking forward to it, good luck!

I think plasti-dip will become a lot more popular in computers now that more people are doing it. I dipped my vengeance ram heatsinks black a week or two ago. they were originally blue but it didn't match at all. A really useful product

I think it's mainly because the pros greatly outweigh the cons... I couldn't really find a reason not to plasti dip... And I agree, very useful.

Update: Motherboard Done!!!

Applied first coat:

03hEhc0.jpg?1

After a few coats and masking removed:

RpJctQi.jpg

Done:

fiB3p2p.jpg

I'm so glad I got this done! It looks soooo good!

Oooooooohhhhhhh...nuff said

Haha thanks!

Looks clean.

Thanks!

Plasti-dip is the best ever.  That looks super nice :)

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Plasti-dip is the best ever.  That looks super nice :)

Ikr!! Thanks!!!

Ikr!! Thanks!!!

Now, the important question: Temps?

But yeah. It looks NICE. 

I LOOOOOVE that you can still see the trace lines in the Motherboard PCB even with the plasti-dip.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Maybe it is because I don't know what plasti-dipping your hardware does, but I actually don't like how it looks on the motherboard. :0 It looks nice on the GPU though.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Im really interested about this plasti dipping of the MOBO. How do you go about this?

You buy Plasti-dip spray. Cover the parts you don't want spray on (CPU socket, heatsinks, PCI-e slots, etc). You spray it on. Do multiple coats. 

Done. Seriously. You don't need to clean it beforehand since it isn't paint, nor do you have to prime it.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

You buy Plasti-dip spray. Cover the parts you don't want spray on (CPU socket, heatsinks, PCI-e slots, etc) You spray it on. Do multiple coats. 

Done. Seriously. You don't need to clean it beforehand since it isn't paint, nor do you have to prime it.

Do cover like the vrms and like the heatsinks??

You buy Plasti-dip spray. Cover the parts you don't want spray on (CPU socket, heatsinks, PCI-e slots, etc). You spray it on. Do multiple coats. 

Cover the parts you don't want spray on (CPU socket, heatsinks, PCI-e slots, etc).

† Christian Member †

Cover the parts you don't want spray on (CPU socket, heatsinks, PCI-e slots, etc).

I completely removed the dragon heatsinks at the top..

And I am having no issues with temps whatsoever! 

I completely removed the dragon heatsinks at the top..

And I am having no issues with temps whatsoever!

That's another, better, way to do it.

Awesome. Glad to hear it.

† Christian Member †