Dual band router

Rumman

I am currently using Netgear router R6020, which support dual bandwidth- 2.4Ghz and 5 GHz. My question is that, can I use 5Ghz bandwidth for data transfer between my laptops and PC? I am using my ethernet connection onto the 2.4Ghz connection. If I can use it for data transfer, how to? What is the other usage of dual bandwidth router? 

Well if you want devices to use 5Ghz, they both need to have a radio that supports that frequency.

Your router supports it, that's good. But your end device needs to support it as well so i think that's the problem.

Maybe this helps?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

3 minutes ago, Rumman said:

I am currently using Netgear router R6020, which support dual bandwidth- 2.4Ghz and 5 GHz. My question is that, can I use 5Ghz bandwidth for data transfer between my laptops and PC? I am using my ethernet connection onto the 2.4Ghz connection. If I can use it for data transfer, how to? What is the other usage of dual bandwidth router? 

You connect to the 5GHz-band instead of 2.4GHz and do your transfers. That's all there is to it.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

19 minutes ago, Rumman said:

I am using my ethernet connection onto the 2.4Ghz connection.

ethernet and wifi don't mix.

you choose either one.

All of them will be processed in the same chip anyway.

If you're laptop is 5ghz, it will connect to the PC (with ethernet) in 5ghz speed.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w