Looking for a power bank.

Hi

I'm looking for a good power bank that can keep my Note 9 alive for 24 hours of heavy use. I will be travelling a lot in starting in a couple of weeks and for the entire July. I will often be on a 15-20 hours trips with no breaks for charging. Traveling in EU :)

I will be using my Galaxy Note 9 as my main "Everything" from movie watching while on the Bus/Plane, photo/video recording, GPS and everything in between. All that with screen brightness turned up because I'm going to sunny places.

All I really care about is quality and reliability. Size wise it would be nice to have it in my pocket if possible.

Thanks.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

The anker 26800 powerbanks are about as large as you can legally get for traveling.

Also the quality is really good.

There are several different 26800 models with different IO options.

https://www.anker.com/products/107/201/high-capacity-portable-chargers

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

From my experience, Anker makes very reliable power banks, and so does aukey. As long as you buy from a known brand and not some random Chinese crap, you should be fine. 

Here are some features to consider:

USB type c - a must have these days

45w of power - means you could charge a laptop (if you have a compatible laptop)

Low power/ variable output - if you only have quickcharging ports, some low power devices may end up not charging, such as headphones and watches

Capacity: I like having 20,000mah. It can still somewhat fit in your pocket (though not very comfortably),  but you know that no matter what happens, you could stay off the wall for a few days, thanks to the power plant in your bag.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

6 minutes ago, LukeLinusFanFic said:

USB type c - a must have these days

This is not really a must have for 2 reasons:

1. All phones afaik come with UBS-A to C cables
  2. Reason behind 1. is because A to C has higher output than C to C (15 vs 10 W or something like that)

I have multiple devices that I had to charge, and all are A to C (except iStuff), never needed the C port. Mind you it's nice to have, but very few power banks in general have it.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

@Enderman @Bouzoo @LukeLinusFanFic

Thanks for responding. It looks like I'm getting Anker brand.

Currently have this model in my scope

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VJSGT2A/ref=psdc_329078031_t1_B076KS92ZT

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

3 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

@Enderman @Bouzoo @LukeLinusFanFic

Thanks for responding. It looks like I'm getting Anker brand.

Currently have this model in my scope

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VJSGT2A/ref=psdc_329078031_t1_B076KS92ZT

I almost went with that one but opted for the one that I linked due to it being on a huge discount. It's a good pick.

5 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

2. Reason behind 1. is because A to C has higher output than C to C (15 vs 10 W or something like that)

I have multiple devices that I had to charge, and all are A to C (except iStuff), never needed the C port. Mind you it's nice to have, but very few power banks in general have it.

The power output has nothing to do with whether it is type A or type C.

The type C connector is made to handle up to 100W anyway.

What determines the power output is the quick charge version in the powerbank and the quickcharge version on the phone.

For example my type C wall charger does 27W through a C to C cable.

There are laptop chargers that do 60W+ over a C to C cable too.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

The power output has nothing to do with whether it is type A or type C.

The type C connector is made to handle up to 100W anyway.

What determines the power output is the quick charge version in the powerbank and the quickcharge version on the phone.

For example my type C wall charger does 27W through a C to C cable.

There are laptop chargers that do 60W+ over a C to C cable too.

Ok, let me rephrase it, and no go in general, you are right, I went too far out.

PowerIQ, which is Anker's QC is the closest to Qualcomms QC where it (I will need to go and find the older sources for both of that) was determined that A to C had higher output than C to C. And with Anker's power banks you either get PIQ or QC.

22 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Maybe it's because I use the pixel, it's fastest charge is only through type c to type c.

It's also the fastest in charging the battery bank itself, compared to charging it via USB micro b (ew).

You could live without it for sure, but most good battery banks have type C (look at all the ankers being thrown around here). 

#donglelife

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

1 minute ago, LukeLinusFanFic said:

Maybe it's because I use the pixel, it's fastest charge is only through type c to type c.

Is Pixel really that quick? What's the full charge time?

1 minute ago, LukeLinusFanFic said:

but most good battery banks have type C (look at all the ankers being thrown around here).

I mean, I have linked and commented some of them, and bought Anker banks, and have been looking at models with USB C when I was buying, and guess what? Most Anker models don't have C port. Especially outside US. Many charge with micro B cables (that you if nothing else, get with the bank).

Just now, Bouzoo said:

Is Pixel really that quick? What's the full charge time?

I mean, I have linked and commented some of them, and bought Anker banks, and have been looking at models with USB C when I was buying, and guess what? Most Anker models don't have C port. Especially outside US. Many charge with micro B cables (that you if nothing else, get with the bank).

I'm not sure exactly, but the XL (3500mah) gets to 50% in roughly half an hour, and to 15 within mere minutes when it's inactive.

(Nothing timed, just general experience of using it for a year and a half).

And yeah, outside the US it's more of a bummer. I live in Israel, so I just had my pal get me one when he was abroad, even though it's still cheaper to get rekt by Amazon on shipping than to buy here...

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

23 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Ok, let me rephrase it, and no go in general, you are right, I went too far out.

PowerIQ, which is Anker's QC is the closest to Qualcomms QC where it (I will need to go and find the older sources for both of that) was determined that A to C had higher output than C to C. And with Anker's power banks you either get PIQ or QC.

https://www.anker.com/products/variant/powercore--26800/A1374011

"Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
Using Qualcomm's advanced Quick Charge 3.0 technology, the PowerCore+ allows compatible devices to charge 85% faster. Get up to 8 hours of use from just 15 minutes of charging."

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, Enderman said:

https://www.anker.com/products/variant/powercore--26800/A1374011

"Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
Using Qualcomm's advanced Quick Charge 3.0 technology, the PowerCore+ allows compatible devices to charge 85% faster. Get up to 8 hours of use from just 15 minutes of charging."

I must be missing the point? I have a QC 3.0 device and an Anker bank with PIQ, both need almost the same time to charge (phone charger and powerbank), with both stock cable and a replacement fromebay. That number is not compared to PIQ.

I think we are derailing there, hard.