How much Rad do I need?

I will be watercooling a gtx 680 and 2500k, I have one 360, cooled by Nf-f12's case is 750D will I need and another 240?

1 thick size 30mm+ radiator if its 360 or you can go with maybe a 25mm depth dual 240mm radiator.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

Wow thats thick.

If you get a less thick radiator you'll have to get more radiator space in my opinion but if its for a clean build go with a thick 360mm radiator but don't cheap out if your looking for a pretty high overclock of maybe 4.6-4.9ghz.

If you get a less thick radiator you'll have to get more radiator space in my opinion but if its for a clean build go with a thick 360mm radiator but don't cheap out if your looking for a pretty high overclock of maybe 4.6-4.9ghz.

It'll have to be another 240 rad, either at the front or down the bottom, 

It'll have to be another 240 rad, either at the front or down the bottom, 

What case will you be using?

Oh sht...just realized should've read the top first thread my bad... :(

Do you have a website your buying from that you could link me too by any chance?

I think you could go with a 360mm at the top and a 140mm single rad too

Are you on a budget by any stretch of the imagination?

I'd go with a thick 360mm if possible or maybe a quad but I don't no if the 750D supports a 480mm radiator :S

I was listening to this to verify the size and just a review.

It's very long so be prepared to get some biscuits and make yourself a tea or coffee.

I'd go with a thick 360mm if possible or maybe a quad but I don't no if the 750D supports a 480mm radiator :S

I was listening to this to verify the size and just a review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCqSFB1wWl0&hd=1

It's very long so be prepared to get some biscuits and make yourself a tea or coffee.

I've watched it, haha not that bad was thinking 240 down the bottom, with a dust filter.

I use a 360mm 45mm thick in the roof and 240mm 60mm thick in the bottom of my 750D for a 8350 and 780ti and get some awesome temps, havent pushed a hard overclock yet though

I will be watercooling a gtx 680 and 2500k, I have one 360, cooled by Nf-f12's case is 750D will I need and another 240?

You can get by with just a 360, but will be limited when overclocking. Another rad like a 240x60 in the front or bottom would be best.

1 thick size 30mm+ radiator if its 360 or you can go with maybe a 25mm depth dual 240mm radiator.

No, radiator thickness is no substitution for more surface area. Two thin 240's will out perform a thick 360 any day, by a good margin.

Again, no. 80mm thick rads cause more fitment problems than they can redeem with performance. 60mm thickness would be the maximum most people go with.

CPU: Intel i7-3770k at 4.8Ghz  CPU Cooling: 320mm UT60  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB 2133Mhz (2x8GB)  SSD: Intel 330 Series 120GB  HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Green  GPU: EVGA GTX 780 x2  Sound Card: Creative Recon3D  PSU: Raidmax RX-1000AE 1000W  Case: Arc Midi R2  Monitor: Benq XL2420T at 129Hz  OS: W8 64Bit  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate  Mouse: Logitech MX518  Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+  Headset: Turtlebeach X12 (Temp.)

a 360x 60 can be pretty efficient, but depending on overclock abilities, devices

and hardware your fans might have a speed not within your tolerance. the addition

of the 2nd radiator will add "headroom" to easily turn the fan speeds down and to

enjoy the lower temperature performances. easiest to go would be the 360x 60 first

and if needed add the 2nd radiator. starting with a thinner radiator will find the fan

speeds a bit unbearable to listen to for hours on in.

planning the loop and insight from experiences can help, but not everyone has the

same tastes in fan speed noise and temperature performance.

heres TTL newest 750D video 'splaining the roof rad issues:

http://youtu.be/cVyq6rU1oY0

a 360x 60 can be pretty efficient, but depending on overclock abilities, devices

and hardware your fans might have a speed not within your tolerance. the addition

of the 2nd radiator will add "headroom" to easily turn the fan speeds down and to

enjoy the lower temperature performances. easiest to go would be the 360x 60 first

and if needed add the 2nd radiator. starting with a thinner radiator will find the fan

speeds a bit unbearable to listen to for hours on in.

planning the loop and insight from experiences can help, but not everyone has the

same tastes in fan speed noise and temperature performance.

this

except you can go with a thinner rad than 60mm if you had to.  but 750D has the space, so might as well get a 60

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

this

except you can go with a thinner rad than 60mm if you had to.  but 750D has the space, so might as well get a 60

very true, the 45mm series can work as well. but what i have found that the smaller

the capacity the quicker the heat stabilization occurs. coming from 3x 480x 60 radiators

in a loop, that it does take a long time for the system to heat stabilize. where a single

360x 60 would take 30-40min would take 1.5hrs on the mega rads. so if duration is not

a concern, the thinner options is deffo viable for interference and confidence levels.

If you want optimal cooling efficiency, get yourself a radiator off an old Corolla.

0411854641806264.JPG?0.976457092082739

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

very true, the 45mm series can work as well. but what i have found that the smaller

the capacity the quicker the heat stabilization occurs. coming from 3x 480x 60 radiators

in a loop, that it does take a long time for the system to heat stabilize. where a single

360x 60 would take 30-40min would take 1.5hrs on the mega rads. so if duration is not

a concern, the thinner options is deffo viable for interference and confidence levels.

yes, thats true.  but you should really plan use around stabilized temps...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

I have 1x 240 @35mm think and 1x120mm@35mm (see sig) and my pump is set to 30% speed and fans are pretty low(I cant really hear it over ambient noise). I'm cooling an i7 4770k and 2 GTX 780s just fine. my GPUs/CPU get up to about 50c when gaming(97%-99% usage on both cards).

I don't have any OC on my CPU because its not worth it in games. But I do have a 200Mhz OC on my GPU cores.

Ill have to run some stress tests like fur mark to see how hot it would get in "worst case scenario" tests. but gaming its just fine with 120mm per device.

I'm starting to wonder if there is something wrong with my pump...  is your's the D5?  I keep hearing that its supposed to be really quiet / silent.  But mine is very audible at anything over the lowest speed...  even at the "2" setting, my pump is easily louder than if I set all my fans at 1000 rpm.  Is that right?

*sorry for thread highjack, but I think the OP's question is answered.

Yeah mine is a D5. I notice mine has more noises from 45% to ~60% speed. I have a the PWM version of the D5. but its super quiet around 30%(that's why I put it at 30%). but from 45 to about 60 it louder but from about 65 to 100 it blends in more with the fan noise. its hard to explain.

sounds like yours is a lot quieter than mine...  I have the adjustable version with the dial on the back.  its only quiet when its turned all the way down, even then I can hear it over my fans (but I run my fans 600-800 rpm).  but at 2 its loud enough to be annoying...