Help me connect the last 5 cables to my MOBO

Sorry for the noobish question, I'm at the final spurt now with only a few cables left to connect and then I should be done but unsure exactly where to place them on the MOBO and worried about damaging something if I do it at random.

I have

1. 4-pin cable marked with ''PWM CABLE''

2. 1-pin cable marked with ''-P LED''

3. 1-pin cable marked with ''+P LED''

4. 2-pin cable marked with ''POWER SW''

5. 2-pin cable marked with ''HDD LED''

I also have a g-connector which I assume should house some of the cables before going on the MOBO?

Here's some pictures that might provide relevant info, many thanks to anyone who could help me solve this!

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

z390 aorus master.png

You can plug those little wires (from picture 1) into the motherboard directly (check out the section in your manual talking about F_PANEL, which is the bottom right of the motherboard) or you can plug them into the thingy in pictures 2 and 3.

You basically plug them in how the manual tells you. 

Take note of the + and - (plus and minus) logos though, as on some these are necessary.

1. 4-pin cable marked with ''PWM CABLE''

2. 1-pin cable marked with ''-P LED''

3. 1-pin cable marked with ''+P LED''

4. 2-pin cable marked with ''POWER SW''

5. 2-pin cable marked with ''HDD LED''

1. 4 pins in width? That is likely a fan cable, which goes into your motherboard at one of the SYS_FAN headers. These can only go in one way because they are keyed. I would guess this is for the fan controller I see in the background of pic. 1. Check with your case manual first though.

2. 3. these go into the block connector or your motherboard (keep in mind the plus and minus):

Spoiler

image.png.aaad5daeab1b1d79837e159febea85cc.png

4. into motherboard or that connector (I believe these don't have plus and minus though...):

Spoiler

image.png.f961a8a3ea53e30bb47a26357d1f19ec.png

5. keep in mind the plus and minus again, but these again plug into the block or motherboard:

Spoiler

image.png.86d2e6bb6d27d6df27a10617c08a265f.png

These little cables can be a hassle to plug into the motherboard, which is why that connector block exists.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

5 minutes ago, Minibois said:

You can plug those little wires (from picture 1) into the motherboard directly (check out the section in your manual talking about F_PANEL, which is the bottom right of the motherboard) or you can plug them into the thingy in pictures 2 and 3.

You basically plug them in how the manual tells you. 

Take note of the + and - (plus and minus) logos though, as on some these are necessary.

1. 4 pins in width? That is likely a fan cable, which goes into your motherboard at one of the SYS_FAN headers. These can only go in one way because they are keyed. I would guess this is for the fan controller I see in the background of pic. 1. Check with your case manual first though.

2. 3. these go into the block connector or your motherboard (keep in mind the plus and minus):

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.aaad5daeab1b1d79837e159febea85cc.png

4. into motherboard or that connector (I believe these don't have plus and minus though...):

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.f961a8a3ea53e30bb47a26357d1f19ec.png

5. keep in mind the plus and minus again, but these again plug into the block or motherboard:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.86d2e6bb6d27d6df27a10617c08a265f.png

These little cables can be a hassle to plug into the motherboard, which is why that connector block exists.

I'll give it a try, thanks for the very helpful reply!

One question though, you said for me to plug in cable 2 and 3 into ''PWR LED'' socket in the g-connector but it is 3 pins in size while the two 1-pin connectors are obviously only 2. Should I try to put them at upper and lower slots of the 3 or does it not matter as long as I have them in order with +/- ?

1 minute ago, Elbow said:

I'll give it a try, thanks for the very helpful reply!

One question though, you said for me to plug in cable 2 and 3 into ''PWR LED'' socket in the g-connector but it is 3 pins in size while the two 1-pin connectors are obviously only 2. Should I try to put them at upper and lower slots of the 3 or does it not matter as long as I have them in order with +/- ?

Seeing the connector, I would have to guess you need to use the one where you see the + an - next to out. Not the middle one, if there is one inbetween those

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Seeing the connector, I would have to guess you need to use the one where you see the + an - next to out. Not the middle one, if there is one inbetween those

I think I figured it out, since there are a more or less identical marking on the other side of the connector with ''PWR LED'' but it is for 2 pins and not 3 I'll try putting them there instead.

I'll try starting it up now and see if it runs properly or if it will leak/catch fire. Here goes nothing!

Can confirm, just used the adapter on my aorus pro z390 two days ago. Leave a gap in the middle of the 2 individual pins while paying attention to polarity.