9700k stuttering in games: hardware issue?

Did you check your power configuration both in the bios and OS, what is it set on ?

AMD 5900x, 2x16GB ( G.skill F4-3600C16 ), Radeon VII, Radeon 570,  Corsair 1200i , SSD 240/500GB, HDD 640GB,1TB,5TB, 1TB NVME. Lian li 011Dyanmic XL, big ass LTT mouse-pad & stealth water bottle

5 hours ago, Leanora said:

Did you check your power configuration both in the bios and OS, what is it set on ?

They're both at max performance

1 hour ago, spiralzebra said:

They're both at max performance

Strange, is it just with AC?

Have you tried running a cpu/gpu benchmark to see if the same occurs ?

So far it sounds like a bad throttling issue.

What are the temps? 

If you got 8GB dimms you can try testing with 1 dimm at a time. I do not believe it's a dimm issue though.

AMD 5900x, 2x16GB ( G.skill F4-3600C16 ), Radeon VII, Radeon 570,  Corsair 1200i , SSD 240/500GB, HDD 640GB,1TB,5TB, 1TB NVME. Lian li 011Dyanmic XL, big ass LTT mouse-pad & stealth water bottle

5 hours ago, Leanora said:

Strange, is it just with AC?

Have you tried running a cpu/gpu benchmark to see if the same occurs ?

So far it sounds like a bad throttling issue.

What are the temps? 

If you got 8GB dimms you can try testing with 1 dimm at a time. I do not believe it's a dimm issue though.

Literally only happens with Origins and Odyssey, I played Syndicate and Unity and no issues.

My temps have never gone over 62

I've tried running Unigine Heaven but saw nothing of the stuttering I'm seeing now. 

4 hours ago, spiralzebra said:

Literally only happens with Origins and Odyssey, I played Syndicate and Unity and no issues.

My temps have never gone over 62

I've tried running Unigine Heaven but saw nothing of the stuttering I'm seeing now. 

If it only happens in AC O/O then it likely have to do with those 2 games in combination with your pc. Call it bad optimization with your particular cpu or issue with DRM, assuming it's still on there.

Assuming Denovo is still on the game, you might try running a copy without one, other than that I don't have an answer.

Contact ubi/Intel  but that will get you nothing I'm guessing.

Limit the FPS. 

This game is designed to be played at 30 FPS, even the developers admit this by releasing their requirements for 30 FPS.

Problem is not you, problem is them.

On 6/16/2019 at 4:16 AM, chckovsky said:

Stutter is, at least in my experience, usually caused by cpu limitations. If your laptop has a proportionally better CPU compared to its GPU, that might be expected.

Not too sure about that buddy. Frame inconsistencies happen when the settings are too high to prevent 0.1% or 1% FPS drop. 

On 6/19/2019 at 9:14 AM, spiralzebra said:

This could be a possibility, will check the RAM thank you.

Its not the RAM's fault. Everything is AOK.

Here is the answer man. Your settings are too high...OMG doesn't make sense right? You have a 2080 and a 9700k. I am afraid that is not beefy enough to run AC at 144 consistently. Use Riva tuner and cap it to perhaps 90FPS. I assure you that your frametime will be very consistent. In order to achieve consistent 144fps at 1440 rez, you would need to get a 2080ti. I am sure your computer can pull off 144fps+ on older games but for newer and more taxing ones, expecting a  consistent 144fps is difficult. If you lower the res to 1080, you might be able to hit consistent 144.

On 6/16/2019 at 3:29 AM, spiralzebra said:

16 GB 3200mhz RAM

I've noticed that you are using a 3200 RAM.. what are the timing on these? Is the XMP on? A 3200mhz does not mean that it is faster than 2666. True speed of ram is FREQUENCY/ CAS. So your 2666 may have been faster. Make sure the number comes out to 200+. A good cas for 3200 would be 16 or less. Yes, having faster rams does prevent frame drops.

CPU: 8600k @4.9  (1.39v) |  Cooler: NH-U14s | Mobo: Asus Strix z390i | Ram: Gskill DDR4 Trident Z 3600 8GB x 2 16-16-16-36

GPU: Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX | Case: Prodigy ITX | Fans: NH-A14, (exhaust) NH-A12, (intake) NH-A20 (intake)

Samsung EVO 1tb | Samsung EVO 512gb x2 | Intel ssd 128gb

PSU: Powerstation 500W