What shoud I install on what?

FlikaFlekas

I know this is problably a normally asked question, but i've been browsing the internet and find no solid anwser.

I'm going to use my PC for different types of working, such as Music Production, Video Production and some minor gaming, and in this process of building a new PC i've been struggling with one thing, what should I use on what? I can use SSD M.2 for OS, sure, SSD for Install stuff, sure, and HDD for other storage. But in my head, i'm thinking... Should I buy a reeeeally large SSD M.2 to put everything there? Or maybe a 250GB SSD M.2 for OS and an normal SSD for other stuff? Or should I use a 250GB M.2 for OS with a really large HDD for other stuff?

So, my really question is, What should I use an SSD M.2 for?

I have lot of options here,
250GB M.2 SSD + 1TB SSD or 2 TB HDD?
2TB M.2 SSD?

Where should I install Programs? Where Should I put my VST Libraries for FAAAST load times? Where should I install windows? Should I use SSD M.2 ONLY for Windows, Isn't 250GB too much if thats the case?

HELP!

You can buy a medium 500gb or so m.2 nvme for boot times and install all the programms there.Then you can get a normal sata ssd for everything that you want to be fast such as footage and music samples..And if you dont mind a bit of loading you can get a big hdd and save a buck.

I support this^. 250-500GB OS drive with 1-4TB secondary SSD for file storage/workflow. 

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
(ノಠ益ಠ)╯︵ /(.□ . \)

19 minutes ago, SSD Sean said:

I support this^. 250-500GB OS drive with 1-4TB secondary SSD for file storage/workflow. 

But should I install Windows ONLY? Or should I use it for programs too? what about games?

13 hours ago, FlikaFlekas said:

But should I install Windows ONLY? Or should I use it for programs too? what about games?

Windows + Apps + whatever else. SSDs aren't slow like HDDs, you can install everything on them and running on them without a hiccup. My C drive only has 131GB used space with a bunch of apps and benchmark suites, excluding games. 

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
(ノಠ益ಠ)╯︵ /(.□ . \)