New Acer Aspire 7 GTX 1650 equipped nowhere to be seen

Hi all, I'm looking for the new 2019 model of the Acer Aspire 7, it comes equipped with 9th gen i7 and a GTX 1650. You could find the first version, equipped with the Kaby Lake-G series and a Vega MG L but this version it's been scrubbed.

Does anyone have any news on it? Where to get it or if it's been actually delayed?

This thing it's been shown for the first time at IFA 2018 last year in Germany and it should be out already. From what I can gather it's being released in April of this year but it's nowhere to be seen. Same goes for the new 2019 series of Swifts, Spin and Chromebook 714 and 715...all laptops I'm interested in too as alternatives.

I've been stalking this machine for almost a year, it's my perfect next laptop, does anyone have any hints?

Thanks.

This is what I know so far:

https://news.acer.com/select-acer-notebooks-will-ship-with-nvidia-geforce-gtx-16-series-gpus

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/acer-aspire-7-2019-13011

https://www.ultrabookreview.com/26511-acer-aspire-7-a715-73g-review/

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-unveils-the-Aspire-7-and-Aspire-5-with-Intel-Kaby-Lake-G-and-Whiskey-Lake-U-options.327060.0.html

Why not go for other models instead of waiting this?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Because I can't find any of the other models either in my country. Most of them are refresh from CES 2019

38 minutes ago, Drexo said:

Because I can't find any of the other models either in my country

May I know where are you from? Budget? Usage? Preferred max weight and min battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

On 6/12/2019 at 12:45 AM, GeneXiS_X said:

May I know where are you from? Budget? Usage? Preferred max weight and min battery life?

I live in Mexico.

My budget is preferably between 700-1200$.

My usage is for regular productivity, occasional gaming and occasional graphics designing.

Dimentions can vary but I'd prefer something portable enough under 2 Kg weight.

Around 5 hours battery life.

1 hour ago, Drexo said:

I live in Mexico.

My budget is preferably between 700-1200$

Are you buying in Mexico? If yes, could you provide some links of online stores and provide your budget in your country currency?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

On 6/15/2019 at 1:16 PM, GeneXiS_X said:

Are you buying in Mexico? If yes, could you provide some links of online stores and provide your budget in your country currency?

I appreciate the effort but I have found none of the recent 2019 model laptops locally: 9th gen Intel CPUs and neither Nvidia GTX 16 series or RTX laptops for that matter, that is why I'm looking for alternatives directly from the US. Here everyone insists on selling laptops from 1 and a half years ago like recent products and are not even trying to create sales to get rid of these leftovers nobody clearly wants.

I have found most of the models I'm interested in the US: 2019 Dell G series, 2019 Acer Nitros, but the one I like the most and is the most compatible with my needs, the Acer Aspire 7, I still cannot find it sold anywhere.

57 minutes ago, Drexo said:

that is why I'm looking for alternatives directly from the US

So you're buying in US?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2019 at 12:12 AM, GeneXiS_X said:

So you're buying in US?

Yes I'll be buying from the US. I'll just keep waiting, maybe something better may come up

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there OP! I just found your post by Google search when I was looking for reviews for this exact model. I actually discovered the Aspire 7 A715-74G (not to be confused with the Kaby Lake 72G) when searching for computers on the official online store for Acer hosted on the Chinese equivalent of Amazon (Taobao). I live in China BTW. 

It seems that this model is only available in China, New Zealand, and possibly Germany or Netherlands. I found a few online stores with nz domains selling it and I am only guessing for the last two countries since I could only find some entries for directory style websites from these countries. You might have to hold your breath a bit longer if you are waiting for it to be released in the US. For your reference, it is retailing for around 900 USD. 

On 7/5/2019 at 1:32 AM, Drexo said:

Yes I'll be buying from the US. I'll just keep waiting, maybe something better may come up

You plan to buy from where? Newegg, Amazon, Bestbuy?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, bindydad123 said:

Aspire 7 and Nitro 5 very similar and similarly crap 

They are similar but definitely not 'crap' - bad out of the box but can be tweaked

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

9 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

You plan to buy from where? Newegg, Amazon, Bestbuy?

I'll buy it from anywhere

6 hours ago, bindydad123 said:

Aspire 7 and Nitro 5 very similar and similarly crap 

It's an all-rounder laptop that doesn't suck and occasional games like an MX150 would for the same price if not for more. I know it's not RTX, but who gives a damn if no games are still available after 7 months plus I wont look like a kid carrying it around from home to work.

It's what I need right now, I have seen worst.

On 7/16/2019 at 11:34 AM, S181AG said:

Hey there OP! I just found your post by Google search when I was looking for reviews for this exact model. I actually discovered the Aspire 7 A715-74G (not to be confused with the Kaby Lake 72G) when searching for computers on the official online store for Acer hosted on the Chinese equivalent of Amazon (Taobao). I live in China BTW. 

It seems that this model is only available in China, New Zealand, and possibly Germany or Netherlands. I found a few online stores with nz domains selling it and I am only guessing for the last two countries since I could only find some entries for directory style websites from these countries. You might have to hold your breath a bit longer if you are waiting for it to be released in the US. For your reference, it is retailing for around 900 USD. 

O NICE finnaly someone else interested like me. I guessed on some other post that exact price, hahaha yes, finally something for my budget. Could you share some links where you saw it sold? Thanks.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

22 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Thank you for the recommendation I'll consider it but I'm looking for a all-rounder laptop with atleast a gtx 1650, FHD screen and an +4-5 hrs laptop for less than 1200$. The 2019 Aspire 7 is all I'm looking for.

The Lenovo L340 is another close mach, but has a crappy TN panel, that's a pity for 2019.

10 hours ago, Drexo said:

Thank you for the recommendation I'll consider it but I'm looking for a all-rounder laptop with atleast a gtx 1650, FHD screen and an +4-5 hrs laptop for less than 1200$. The 2019 Aspire 7 is all I'm looking for.

The Lenovo L340 is another close mach, but has a crappy TN panel, that's a pity for 2019.

The new Aspire 7 don't have reviews yet so I have no idea how's the build quality, cooling etc (the previous one is mediocre)

L340 is mediocre

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

On 7/21/2019 at 8:23 AM, GeneXiS_X said:

The new Aspire 7 don't have reviews yet so I have no idea how's the build quality, cooling etc (the previous one is mediocre)

L340 is mediocre

I know they are mediocre but what choices do I have if I want an all-rounder laptop that doesn't look too kiddish of a gaming laptop but I still want a basic GPU that is not RTX or an MX150....and forget about the XPS 15, it's too damn expensive!

5 hours ago, Drexo said:

what choices do I have if I want an all-rounder laptop that doesn't look too kiddish of a gaming laptop but I still want a basic GPU that is not RTX or an MX150

so you're fine with lower end GPU like MX150 and 1050?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

On 7/28/2019 at 7:25 AM, GeneXiS_X said:

so you're fine with lower end GPU like MX150 and 1050?

I am not. I'm aiming at a GTX 1650 at most, 1660ti only if the price and overall specs are a good deal. I'm looking for an all-rounder laptop with good battery life (5+ hours) that can play some occasional games.

By the way there was a good all-rounder I liked some time ago that I notices it just got updated with a GTX 1650 MAXQ but it's on the expensive side, it's MSI PS63 Modern with 10 supposed hours of battery life.

When evaluating it against other expensive similar laptops of the same price bracket an XPS 15 with a full GTX 1650 is better at this price point and it has a thunderbolt 3 port with a full size SD card slot, much better screen an way thinner but it's too much for me.

I have a budget of 1000-1200$.

1200$

under 2 Kg weight

atleast a gtx 1650

+4-5 hrs laptop for less than 1200$

XPS 15 is mediocre, PS63 and Zenbook Pro are out of your budget

Honestly I would go for gaming laptops, however either you need to sacrifice on weight (max 2.3kg) or battery life (3-4 hrs)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler