Dual or Single Chanell Ram

Go to solution Solved by TheNFA,

if you are going to play +100hz monitor. i will advise you to go with 2x4 dual channel stick. It made a huge difference with my system. If you are ok with 60fps gaming both are good

Hi

I am wondering if i should buy 2 4 gigabyte ram sticks or 1 8gb ram stick i've heard that dual chanell decareases latency.

What should i do i know it doesnt decrease latency that much.

should i get 2 of this:https://www.anhoch.com/product/41937/dimm-4gb-ddr4-2400mhz-geil-cl17-bulk

or 1 of this:https://www.anhoch.com/product/41938/dimm-8gb-ddr4-2400mhz-geil-cl17-bulk

my build:

Intel Pentium G4560- https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/97143/intel-pentium-processor-g4560-3m-cache-3-50-ghz.html

GA-H110M-H- https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H110M-H-rev-10#sp

Always go with dual channel if you can. Single channel is a lot slower.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

Since you only have 2 slots I'd go with the 8GB stick. You do get a performance boost in certain tasks by going with dual channel but it'll cost you more down the road if you ever find you need more than 8GB of RAM (which is a realistic concern in today's age) but you bought 2x4GB instead.

19 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Since you only have 2 slots I'd go with the 8GB stick. You do get a performance boost in certain tasks by going with dual channel but it'll cost you more down the road if you ever find you need more than 8GB of RAM (which is a realistic concern in today's age) but you bought 2x4GB instead.

Thanks.

But i watched a video single vs dual channel memory and the dual actually give more fps like 40fps increase

Btw is my build even compatible or i made some mistakes

3 minutes ago, xd Tomi said:

Thanks.

Btw is my build compatible or i made some mistakes

The only arguments I have are I wouldn't go with a PSU that comes with a chassis. They're usually not good. Also I'd look into an SSD as it would have a much bigger impact on your day to day performance.

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

The only arguments I have are I wouldn't go with a PSU that comes with a chassis. They're usually not good. Also I'd look into an SSD as it would have a much bigger impact on your day to day performance.

i am on a budget and yeah i know you will say that i shouldn't have got a gtx 1650 and g4560 but in the shop the i3 7100 is not in stock same with the 1050ti 

3 minutes ago, xd Tomi said:

i am on a budget and yeah i know you will say that i shouldn't have got a gtx 1650 and g4560 but in the shop the i3 7100 is not in stock same with the 1050ti 

Gotta work with what you have available to you then.

i feel that rx 580 is much better value than 1650

also btw ram shouldn't change fps by THAT much

get dual channel unless you know you are going to upgrade your ram

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

On 6/12/2019 at 2:24 AM, Gegger said:

i feel that rx 580 is much better value than 1650

also btw ram shouldn't change fps by THAT much

get dual channel unless you know you are going to upgrade your ram

i would've bought the rx 580 if it was in my shop and amazon or ebay or whatever dont ship to my county so i am fuck'd

as i saw on a video the dual channel gave 40fps and had lower frame latency.

if i upgrade i will buy 1 8gb stick and sell the 4gb stick lol

thanks btw

On 6/11/2019 at 5:34 PM, Windows7ge said:

This is exactly my thought too. The most important thing with RAM is having enough of it. Yes, dual channel is faster but single channel will operate fine and will still be really fast. A lot better for upgrading later which I would assume is no more than a few years out. Keep the 8 and add another 8. 16gb isn’t that much RAM by today’s standards.

If you plan to uppgrade the ram in the future you should probably get 8gb single chanell but if you are fine with 8gb you might as well use dual channel. Also if you want a cheep build you might want to consitter buying used parts and getting way better preformance with the money you spend but this is sometimes more complicated.

in some game probably will lose about 40fps IDK why is that probably bandwidth or something else. But majority of game doesn't use that many bandwidth anyway so if you plan on getting another stick I highly reccomend the single 8gb 

if you are going to play +100hz monitor. i will advise you to go with 2x4 dual channel stick. It made a huge difference with my system. If you are ok with 60fps gaming both are good