Topping D30 Cutting Out

TheFlyingSquirrel

So I bought the Topping DAC and it keeps cutting out once in a while when outputting to a stereo amp.

How likely is bad unit?  Is it sensitive to the way it is plugged in?

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

1 hour ago, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

So I bought the Topping DAC and it keeps cutting out once in a while when outputting to a stereo amp.

try playing with the cables see if that causes anything to cut out like fiddle with it while playing something, try a new rca cable . if your running through usb try and reinstall or update the drivers.is their a possibility that its the amp? have you tried just listening to the dac without an amp

2 hours ago, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

Funnily enough someone else was having this issue. Try using DDU to un-install the drivers then do a fresh/clean install of the drivers. Also check applications cant take control of the device. Its in properties on the dac when you go to sound in the control panel. image.png.68b3a09fcc907712bc28e65c29941fcb.png

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

21 hours ago, rice guru said:

try playing with the cables see if that causes anything to cut out like fiddle with it while playing something, try a new rca cable . if your running through usb try and reinstall or update the drivers.is their a possibility that its the amp? have you tried just listening to the dac without an amp

I dont believe it is the RCA cable, the sound changed to my monitor during playback, which means the device was temporarily unavailable.

I am on Linux, so it works out of the box.

Are you suggesting that there is a charge feedback, knocking out the DAC?

D30 -> Atom -> Azur 350 issues

D30 -> Azur 350 Issues

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

21 hours ago, Derkoli said:

Funnily enough someone else was having this issue. Try using DDU to un-install the drivers then do a fresh/clean install of the drivers. Also check applications cant take control of the device. Its in properties on the dac when you go to sound in the control panel. image.png.68b3a09fcc907712bc28e65c29941fcb.png

I am Linux not Windows, this doesn't apply to me

52 minutes ago, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

I am Linux not Windows, this doesn't apply to me

Did a bit of searching and alot of people are saying to un-install "Pulse" as that can cause issues.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

1 hour ago, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

I dont believe it is the RCA cable, the sound changed to my monitor during playback, which means the device was temporarily unavailable.

I am on Linux, so it works out of the box.

Are you suggesting that there is a charge feedback, knocking out the DAC?

D30 -> Atom -> Azur 350 issues

D30 -> Azur 350 Issues

no I wasn't suggesting that but its now a possibility though.I haven't had any issues with my d10 so I dont have any touble shooting experience with dacs so sorry I cant help much 

46 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

Did a bit of searching and alot of people are saying to un-install "Pulse" as that can cause issues.

I tried that.

In Linux, ALSA(Driver) -> PulseAudio (Interface to Driver) -> Hardware.

Without Pulse there is no link.

7 minutes ago, rice guru said:

no I wasn't suggesting that but its now a possibility though.I haven't had any issues with my d10 so I dont have any touble shooting experience with dacs so sorry I cant help much 

I was actually considering return the D30 and getting the D10 if I continue to have problems.

I think this is more power delivery issues rather than driver compatibility

1 minute ago, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

I was actually considering return the D30 and getting the D10 if I continue to have problems.

I think this is more power delivery issues rather than driver compatibility

only reason I got the d10 over the d30 is they sounded basically the same to me through usb . and seemed to be built better when I was looking at both units. 

How often is this happening? If it's when you change formats, that's probably normal. If it's happening all the time, then check the power supply input specs are appropriate for your region.