RGB connector on Phankteks P350x

Go to solution Solved by ch3w2oy,
1 hour ago, Tufty11 said:

Even though at Phanteks own page (http://www.phanteks.com/Eclipse-P350X.html) they only advertise it having Asus Aura Sync and MSI Mystic Light. Does that matter at all? Will the either software work as normal? Also are there any other motherboards between £75 and £90 which will work as well?

The B450 Tomahawk does not have an addressable RGB header. The B450 Pro Carbon AC does. I would get that board if you want a good board.. That's the best B450 you can get, anyways.. If you really need a budget board, just get the Asrock Pro4 that was mentioned above, though you wont be able to use Mystic Light or Aura Sync as it utilizes Asrocks RGB implementation called Polychrome. The P350X should hook up to that even though it doesn't say it works with Asrock.. Asrock also has the B450 Steel Legend boards, which have addressable RGB headers..

19 hours ago, Daniel Z. said:

The cheapest board with addressable RGB and isn’t crap is the B450 Pro4. It’s better than the tomahawk anyways. Normal RGB is 4 pin, addressable is 3 pin.

No, it's not better than the Tomahawk. It does indeed have an Addressable RGB header, but the board itself, is not better.

I am going to build a PC soon. Im thinking of getting a Phanteks Eclipse P350x case. What i don't understand is what type of RGB connector is used to plug into the motherboard to get full addressable RGB on the case. I am also looking at buying an MSI B450 Tomahawk motherboard. Is it compatible? If not do i need an adapter? Or do I need an entirely different motherboard to get addressable RGB in software? 

The cheapest board with addressable RGB and isn’t crap is the B450 Pro4. It’s better than the tomahawk anyways. Normal RGB is 4 pin, addressable is 3 pin.

17 hours ago, Daniel Z. said:

Even though at Phanteks own page (http://www.phanteks.com/Eclipse-P350X.html) they only advertise it having Asus Aura Sync and MSI Mystic Light. Does that matter at all? Will the either software work as normal? Also are there any other motherboards between £75 and £90 which will work as well?

image.png

1 hour ago, Tufty11 said:

The B450 Tomahawk does not have an addressable RGB header. The B450 Pro Carbon AC does. I would get that board if you want a good board.. That's the best B450 you can get, anyways.. If you really need a budget board, just get the Asrock Pro4 that was mentioned above, though you wont be able to use Mystic Light or Aura Sync as it utilizes Asrocks RGB implementation called Polychrome. The P350X should hook up to that even though it doesn't say it works with Asrock.. Asrock also has the B450 Steel Legend boards, which have addressable RGB headers..

19 hours ago, Daniel Z. said:

No, it's not better than the Tomahawk. It does indeed have an Addressable RGB header, but the board itself, is not better.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

14 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

So this is the important header that is necessary for the RGB? And is it also called VD G on the motherboard?

image.png

21 minutes ago, Tufty11 said:

So this is the important header that is necessary for the RGB? And is it also called VD G on the motherboard?

image.png

Yes, any motherboard with 3 pin 5v addressable headers should work with any compatible addressable RGB 3 pin connectors.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build