The Corsair MP300 Should fit my MotherBoard right?

AndrewMKlasen
Go to solution Solved by samcool55,

Yes, it will work.

That said, the MP300 has a SATA controller, which menas it will perform like your average 2.5" sata SSD.

The MP510 however is has a pcie nvme controller. Which means it uses pci-e to communicate instead of sata (4 pci-e 3.0 lanes to be precise). So it can be faster sequentially, the rest of the specs i dunno. But both of them will probably be ok.

Little detail tho, your board turns off certain sata ports when you use one of those ultra M.2 slots so if you are currently using all of your sata ports, you will have a problem.

Yes, it will work.

That said, the MP300 has a SATA controller, which menas it will perform like your average 2.5" sata SSD.

The MP510 however is has a pcie nvme controller. Which means it uses pci-e to communicate instead of sata (4 pci-e 3.0 lanes to be precise). So it can be faster sequentially, the rest of the specs i dunno. But both of them will probably be ok.

Little detail tho, your board turns off certain sata ports when you use one of those ultra M.2 slots so if you are currently using all of your sata ports, you will have a problem.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I know they turn off 2 SATA ports for each m.2 slot used, only planning for 1 M.2 so I'll choose the MP10 for faster speeds. Thanks.