MultiQuotes, and how to use them

XTankSlayerX

It seems like not too many people know how to use Multiquotes...

Here's a short guide on how to use them.

This saves you time and prevents chains of posts from one single person.

This way you can have multiple quotes in one post.

You have 2 posts you want to respond to, on the bottom right of each post there're 3 different buttons.

12147026465_b857117292_c.jpg

Press 12147693296_037600089e_o.png to select a post, select as many as you like (selected posts will have 12147435304_bf1dfd08d9_o.png highlighted) and then on

the bottom right of the screen you'll get this 12147723926_6bb4639d95_m.jpg Press Reply

And then all the quotes you've selected will come up in this manner

12147435434_8c9b8edbc0_c.jpg

Hope this helps!

Shoutout to @brownninja97 and @marto

thanks a lot, been using @<insertusernamehere> for multiple responses, but this is great

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Holy crap. I figured that was very intuitive as it was, but ok.

FYI, the posts come up in order of quotation. So, say it's like this:

Post 1
Post 2
Post 3

Then I click the Multiquote button on Post 3, then Post 1. The quotes would be like this when I click reply:

Quote 3
Quote 1

It's great for organizing responses too thanks to this cool usage of it.

A more complex example:

Post 1
Post 2
Post 3
Post 4 
Post 5

I click Multiquote on each post in this order: 4, 2, 3, 5, and 1. It would appear as such when I click reply:

Quote 4
Quote 2
Quote 3
Quote 5
Quote 1

This is useful for when you know someone has already posted something that answers the person's question, but they apparently missed. It's good for drawing attention to posts people seem to be missing in general.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

It seems like not too many people know how to use Multiquotes...

Here's a short guide on how to use them.

This saves you time and prevents chains of posts from one single person.

This way you can have multiple quotes in one post.

You have 2 posts you want to respond to, on the bottom right of each post there're 3 different buttons.

Press 12147693296_037600089e_o.png to select a post, select as many as you like (selected posts will have 12147435304_bf1dfd08d9_o.png highlighted) and then on

the bottom right of the screen you'll get this 12147723926_6bb4639d95_m.jpg Press Reply

And then all the quotes you've selected will come up in this manner

Hope this helps!

Shoutout to @brownninja97 and @marto

Im not sure if you are saying that i dont use it, i tend not to anyways because i normally reply the second the message pops up, during that time someone else replies so i reply to them after that, i normally click the quote button then once instead of multiquote its a habit of mine

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

You can also just click quote, write your reply, then click quote on the next post and it will append it it your message. Obviously this doesn't work over multiple pages though. But often multiquoting is better.

HTTP/2 203

Im not sure if you are saying that i dont use it, i tend not to anyways because i normally reply the second the message pops up, during that time someone else replies so i reply to them after that, i normally click the quote button then once instead of multiquote its a habit of mine

Nah, it was just an example.

I'm moving the thread to the Guides and Tutorials section.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.