Favorite Browser and OS

TheNinjaNextDor

I much prefer Google Chrome as my preferred Browser and Windows 7 as my favourite OS (because it's what I'm currently using).

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Linux is not an OS.

I use Aurora for my browser but it's just the alpha version of Firefox so that's what I voted.

Rename Linux to GNU/Linux,

add OpenBSD and RISCOS to OSes and

add Midori to web browsers.

Although I doubt anyone would pick the last two, they are needed for completions sake.

Firefox is my web browser of choice, and I'd say for the OS Windows 7. Even though I really like a couple different Linux distros, I just don't know them as well as Windows, and for development reasons for most the applications I make I prefer Windows.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Those who voted windows 8 as their favorite OS, I will find you, and kill you,

As a matter of fact, I actually kinda liked and voted for Win 8. Yes, Win 8.1 may have been better than Win 8 (8.1 did not appeared as an option here) but IMO I still liked Win 8 because of the speedy startup time thanks to the Semi Hibernate system it uses (Not everyone can afford an SSD and to make it worst I'm living in a country where these technological stuff is dang expensive). You may have your perspective and I may have mine. But there are good and bad for Win 8, good is where Win 8 is much more connected, I can have mailing and communications all linked out right after installation. As for the bad side, IDK why but after prolong usage of Win 8, the activation service (some service called Software Protection under Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service) that runs on the background tends to hog up the CPU up to 50% on idle. But after a quick Refresh (Win 8 version of Reformatting) and reinstalling the driver, this is not an issue to me anymore. 

As for other OSes, I liked different OS for different purposes. I liked OSX when it comes to creating Creative Arts related stuff (eg, Video Editing, Image Editing) and also music related. As for Windows, there are also different version when it comes to liking. In WinXP, I liked it for running some ancient software that just won't run on newer Windows (even with compatibility turned on). Then in for a much more general gaming environment I would choose Win7 and for normal quick daily usage environment I would actually choose Win8/8.1. Lastly as for Linux Distro, I actually liked BackTrack much more than others, I had a lot of issues with Ubuntu on my Computer but not in BackTrack (odd). I used Linux when it comes to things like more Terminal UNIX environment related activities, (eg, Building a Custom ROM for an Andriod Device, programming under FORTRAN, testing the vulnerabilities for my Company's websites and my personal websites and computer, etc) Basically Linux is a very flexible and extensive CMD for me. These are my opinions for different OSes, as for browsers I have no comments for it as I don't switch my environment that much.

Windows XP and Waterfox... (am I showing how old I am again...)

I am expecting hate for this, but my favourite OS is Windows 8.1...  :D 
I bought Windows 8 for my new build, and found a lot of annoyances with it. After upgrading to 8.1 however, i really enjoy it. I find it hard now  to use a computer with Windows 7. I just find it to be less smooth, and less productive. Simple things like accessing programs and features and device manager is so much easier in Windows 8.1 :)

NZXT H440+ 2015 Edition (Black/White) || i7 6700k @ 4Ghz || NZXT Kraken X61 Liquid Cooler || EVGA GTX 980ti SC || 16GB Kingston HyperX 2666MHz DDR4 || MSI Krait Gaming Z170A Motherboard || EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Modular || Corsair M65 RGB Mouse || Kingston HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset (White) || Steelseries Apex Raw Keyboard ||  Acer XB240H 1080p 144hz 24'' GSYNC Display || Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit