Streaming a NES?

funkybananas7

I posted this on reddit aswell but thought I would spread the range a bit. I am a relatively small streamer(funkybananas7 on twitch) but I did save up recently and bought a capture card so I could dual PC stream. I have also recently acquired myself an og NES that as all things back then, uses analog. So I was wondering if I were to buy an analog to hdmi converter would i be able to stream my gameplay with ok quality to my lovely viewers or would there be some constraints, etc.

You can stream, but keep in mind composite video (that yellow RCA cable) does not really look... Very good. Converting it to digital is of course not gonna make it any better.

These games and this system is made for older TV's and thus doesn't have the greatest quality video.

This video might show some ways to get the best quality out of the system:

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

• 1 month later...

I used to stream NES, I used a AV2Mini with an LGP Lite and that's pretty much it, is the cheaper setup and it works for all consoles from that time.

On 6/5/2019 at 2:12 AM, funkybananas7 said:

I posted this on reddit aswell but thought I would spread the range a bit. I am a relatively small streamer(funkybananas7 on twitch) but I did save up recently and bought a capture card so I could dual PC stream. I have also recently acquired myself an og NES that as all things back then, uses analog. So I was wondering if I were to buy an analog to hdmi converter would i be able to stream my gameplay with ok quality to my lovely viewers or would there be some constraints, etc.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/networkservice_guideline/en/index.html

Read that. Nintendo is very iffy when it comes to streaming. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 6/5/2019 at 2:12 AM, funkybananas7 said:

A capture card is a way to do it, yes. Another alternative is using an emulator and skipping the capture card entirely.

If you can find a reasonable analog (RCA) to digital (HDMI) converter, then it should work for what you want. https://amzn.to/2lbRiTx

That one's a cheap option. I don't know how high quality it is though. (If you get it, let me know if it's worth buying or not. I'm still searching for something (such as that) for connecting my PS2 to one of my monitors!)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Well I've seen some cheap capture cards which had RCA on them so maybe those may come to use. You should be able to find them anywhere, I found one even on wish.

Also here's an Amazon link to one of them