Pleather vs Velour Ear Pads for Audio Technica m50x

JHurley7nrx
Go to solution Solved by rice guru,
1 hour ago, JHurley7nrx said:

Pleather vs Velour Ear Pads for Audio Technica m50x, which will least affect the audio quility of the m50xs. 

the pleather ones wont affect the sound as much as the velour as it provides a similar seal to the stock pads

Pleather vs Velour Ear Pads for Audio Technica m50x, which will least affect the audio quility of the m50xs. 

1 hour ago, JHurley7nrx said:

the pleather ones wont affect the sound as much as the velour as it provides a similar seal to the stock pads

11 hours ago, rice guru said:

Nice cheers

16 hours ago, rice guru said:

I do have another question for you tho, I see you have the dt 990 pros and was woundering how they compare with the dt 770 pros. Is there much audio quality differences with the 990s vs the 770s

1 minute ago, JHurley7nrx said:

I do have another question for you tho, I see you have the dt 990 pros and was woundering how they compare with the dt 770 pros. Is there much audio quality differences with the 990s vs the 770s

the 990 has harsher more analytical highs and a more focus on the mid bass and also open back so theres that. while the 770 has  deeper subbass and not as harsh highs. 

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

the 990 has harsher more analytical highs and a more focus on the mid bass and also open back so theres that. while the 770 has  deeper subbass and not as harsh highs. 

Allright thanks for the rapid response. 

1 minute ago, JHurley7nrx said:

Allright thanks for the rapid response. 

forgot to mention the 990's have a wider soundstage but thats a given as its an open back.

2 minutes ago, rice guru said:

forgot to mention the 990's have a wider soundstage but thats a given as its an open back.

Ah yes of course, is there actually any real differences in the 32ohm and 250ohm. I have done lots of research and it has been a very mixed opinion. Some say there is a differnce and other say nothing, the headphones will be powerd off my pc or amp for 3 way system but I dont know the ohmage output, PC output is up to 600ohms. 

35 minutes ago, JHurley7nrx said:

Ah yes of course, is there actually any real differences in the 32ohm and 250ohm. I have done lots of research and it has been a very mixed opinion. Some say there is a differnce and other say nothing, the headphones will be powerd off my pc or amp for 3 way system but I dont know the ohmage output, PC output is up to 600ohms. 

thent the 250 should be fine . but I dont trust anyone who say something is rated for 600 ohm rather than saying output power at 600 ohms cause not all headphones are made the same. I dare any one put the akg k240 600 ohm on that thing and say its loud enough

2 hours ago, rice guru said:

thent the 250 should be fine . but I dont trust anyone who say something is rated for 600 ohm rather than saying output power at 600 ohms cause not all headphones are made the same. I dare any one put the akg k240 600 ohm on that thing and say its loud enough

Yikes, thanks for the help again :D, but for any future upgrades, are high impedance headphones worth it for audio quality or is 32ohms fine. 

with the beyerdynbamic dt line they are all tuned to sound similar if not the same . that all depends on if you think its worth it or not for me high impedance headphones are if the headphones themselves are good as a higher impedance does have it's benefits

On 6/5/2019 at 7:32 PM, rice guru said:

with the beyerdynbamic dt line they are all tuned to sound similar if not the same . that all depends on if you think its worth it or not for me high impedance headphones are if the headphones themselves are good as a higher impedance does have it's benefits

Ah cool ok, so what are the benerfits of the high impedance version 

10 minutes ago, JHurley7nrx said:

Ah cool ok, so what are the benerfits of the high impedance version 

typically tighter bass. and less distortion

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

typically tighter bass. and less distortion

Yes I knew it, thanks for sloving this big question.