I need to recover data from a corrupted MicroSD card

AleksanderK

I'm looking for software that could recover data (about 40 gigabytes) from my corrupted MicroSD card. If there's any way to do it without specialized software, that would be nice too. I am mainly looking for free of charge options, but I guess I will have to consider paid services as well if all else fails. Thank you.

How is it corrupted? Is there read/write errors on the media or is it all filesystem level?

Did you make an image?

What filesystem?

What types of files are you trying to recover?

4 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

How is it corrupted? Is there read/write errors on the media or is it all filesystem level?

Did you make an image?

What filesystem?

It's a card that used to be in my Galaxy S8. I'm trying to recover photos and videos that were recorded on that same phone. I don't know how it got corrupted, it worked fine, then I took it out of the phone, because it had to be repaired. For about a day I put that card in an older phone so that I wouldn't lose it. After I got my S8 back I put the card back into it and it became corrupted. I didn't make an image and I don't really know what filesystem is used there

4 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Did you make an image?

What filesystem?

Windows says this:Location_is_not_available_2019-06-04_22-22-13.png.cf030a5ac84483f826582156b53de73a.png

10 hours ago, AleksanderK said:

It's a card that used to be in my Galaxy S8. I'm trying to recover photos and videos that were recorded on that same phone. I don't know how it got corrupted, it worked fine, then I took it out of the phone, because it had to be repaired. For about a day I put that card in an older phone so that I wouldn't lose it. After I got my S8 back I put the card back into it and it became corrupted. I didn't make an image and I don't really know what filesystem is used there

How much do you care about these photos? Id probably pay for a datarecovery service to take a look if its important to you. Otherwise, make a image with ddrescue and start searching the image with something like photrec.