YouTube madness

Whiro

Not sure if anyone else have noticed or it’s just me but seems like YouTube adds are getting longer , ok maybe not much longer but instead off one add I’m getting two of them and more often can’t skip them. But one of them was waaaaaay over the limit (pic)

6ED8D69E-B7A0-415F-ACBB-E3F50E584928.jpeg

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Hence the skip button. From memory there's a certain threshold an ad can be in length before it is mandatory to be skippable, anything under that can be set as unskippable. 

I also think creators have the option of only allowing skippable ads on their videos, might be wrong though 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

56 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Hence the skip button. From memory there's a certain threshold an ad can be in length before it is mandatory to be skippable, anything under that can be set as unskippable. 

I also think creators have the option of only allowing skippable ads on their videos, might be wrong though 

I wanna say the most you can do for an unskippable ad is 30 seconds or around there, but most unskippable ads are usually 5-15 seconds in length.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I've also noticed that some time in the past couple of days they appear to have rolled out the terrible "double ad" thing... sometimes I get two advertisements, incredibly annoying.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Double ad are a bit annoying but I’ve noticed they are shorter and u can skip them. Whats more annoying is the ads which are popping out during the videos. Some YouTube channels ( like Linus) don’t have them but some ( noticed that mostly watching EverythingApplePro) have multiple ads. That is so annoying that I’ve stopped watching there videos completely.

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Yeah, the Youtube ad situation has become completely fucked in the last couple of days. I am on the verge of giving up on using Youtube without an adblocker. Pretty self-defeating strategy from them. Trying to get more ad revenue by pushing more ads at me and they end up losing it instead.

My biggest complaint is that I often play Youtube music video playlists on my phone when I'm cooking or showering or whatever. It's fine for someone to say "the changes to their ads are no big deal because you can skip the 30min ads after 15 seconds" (or whatever the actual figures are), but when I can't touch my phone because my hands are covered in butter or shampoo then my attempt to use Youtube to listen to a playlist suddenly becomes thwarted. I hear one song and then am stuck listening to a 30min ad for some charity who are fundraising to provide LGBTQ parrots with feather realignment surgery.

I'll just end up using Spotify or the Amazon music streaming service or whatever.

The ads are getting silly on Youtube.  Especially bad with some 15 mins or so videos having like four to five in them.  I don't mind one ad at the beginning (usually nothing I care about anyway and just use mute button for that time) and then watch a video.  But four to five is getting into being on a similar or worse level than over the air TV (which I drop years ago because of too many ads and the majority of content being crap).

I'm basically at the point of just setuping a PLEX for videos and then setup where I can stream my whole music collection out to my devices as well (I'm somewhere north of owning 10,000+ songs from all the CDs I bought of late - the prices have drop like mad for them).

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

2 hours ago, Arika S said:

Also, skippable ads can be ANY lengh. Geico ran skippable ads that were 5 seconds or shorter, which is how long one must watch an ad before skipping it.

PS. All ads are skippable on touchbar MBPs.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I remember one time seeing an entire 60 min documentary being stream as an ad. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Worst shit are ads that are dropped in the middle of video. You're watching something calm and quiet and then all of a sudden right in your face HEY, DO YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THIS NEW CHEVY WHEELWAGON? LOOK NO FURTHER!!!! Like, dafuck, do you want to kill me or something? Give me heart attack? It's why I block ads by default on Youtube and I'll never do it without coz of this shit. Also since I watch Youtube the most on touch tablet/netbook, those banner ads on top of video or fucking infuriating coz you can't close them with finger because of micro tiny X button to close them. Like, fuck off Youtube.

7 hours ago, TomvanWijnen said:

I've also noticed that some time in the past couple of days they appear to have rolled out the terrible "double ad" thing... sometimes I get two advertisements, incredibly annoying.

I’ve noticed that too, as well as much longer unskippable ads

apple ads are 15 sec long now, theres also 2 ads in one. Ive got a few of those, very annoying but supporting youtubers is always good.

my addblocker works