Fractal Define R6 or Dark Base 700?

Lazmarr

I'm looking to downsize my current NZXT Phantom 820 and was looking at either the Define R6 TG or the Dark Base 700.

I have 6 Hard Drives which is why I have narrowed it to these two cases, and both are available in white. The motherboard inversion of the 700 would also be good as my PC is to the left rather than the right.

Which of the two should I go for?

Any help is appreciated!

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

Personally I'd go for the R6, but then again all 3 cases in my household are Fractals (2x R5 and a Define C) so I'm a bit of a fanboy. 

Put the TG panel on the right side and add some LED strips so you can enjoy looking at your cable management.

I've pretty much settled on Fractal for case builds for family and friends and never been disappointed.  My workstation is in an R5 and I've got five drives (2 SSDs and 3 HDDs) in it.  SSDs go right on the panel behind the MoBo and cable routing is extremely simple.  I had thrown out some of the drive caddies a while back because I didn't think I would need more HDDs.  Fractal just asked for my case serial number and sent me 3 addition ones (I had to pay the shipping but that was OK because it was my fault).  I also had a bad front panel connection on a Core 500 and it was promptly replaced.

I think Fractal are being responsive to the market these days with different case colors and clear panels (those don't excite me as I don't go in for RGB lightshows).

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

1 hour ago, Lazmarr said:

The motherboard inversion of the 700 would also be good as my PC is to the left rather than the right.

Which of the two should I go for?

Sounds like the DB700 might be better suited for you then. I personally love the R6 and will most likely be using it in my next build, but the ability to have your system on the left side for you is a unique feature! Do note that while the Define R6 has a balance of airflow and noise, DB700 pimarally focsues on noise over airflow

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3122-be-quiet-dark-base-700-case-review

Level 3 silent is a good compromise between noise and airflow for testing purposes, it just becomes a question of where the thermals land

dark-base-700-cpu-only.png

dark base 700 gpu only

System uses an i7-6700k and an MSI 1080, temps are delta's over ambient. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620