Daddy needs help with budget build

Hello all,

Haven't visited the forum in a while, so I'll go straight to the point.

I own an old but trusty Dell Optiplex 9020 mini tower, with the specs:

• I5 4570
  • 8GB DDR3 RAM
  • 300W OEM Power supply (with 8 pin connector to Motherboard instead of usual 24 pin)
  • Nvidia GTX 750ti
  • 240 GB SSD + 600 GB HDD
  • 2 x 24'' Dell monitors (60Hz) - These will not change as my peripherals are all supplied by my employer.

I usually play World of Warcraft as main game, but also a lot of Rocket League, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, F1 2016. I had noticed my rig could not handle witcher 3 very well but on medium to low settings it was playable. However, recently after buying F1 2018, I noticed I could not play smoothly at all at 1080p. I had to lower to 900p to have a decent frame rate.

I believe I will continue gaming forever but always 1-2 hours per day maximum, so I am not planning for a top spec machine. I also have family investments coming so need to spend as little as possible, but also keep in mind it should last me a decent amount of time.

So, the question now is

If any of the above lasts me at least 2 years I am absolutely fine. If less then I might be more inclined for a new build.

Thoughts?

Regards

I'd get the new build, but instead of a GTX 1060 i'd get a RX 570 and i'd get a focus plus gold 450w instead of the 600 BR

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

40 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

I'd get the new build, but instead of a GTX 1060 i'd get a RX 570 and i'd get a focus plus gold 450w instead of the 600 BR

Why Gold instead of bronze? It's a budget build remember. The RX570 is a great idea though, not a big loss to the 1060 6GB and its loads cheaper. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Pulpamos said:

Why Gold instead of bronze? It's a budget build remember. The RX570 is a great idea though, not a big loss to the 1060 6GB and its loads cheaper. Thanks!

It costs about the same; and it's not about efficiency, it's that the BR is a much worse PSU

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

10 minutes ago, Pulpamos said:

The RX570 is a great idea though, not a big loss to the 1060 6GB and its loads cheaper. Thanks!

I would go in the other direction and get a rx580 but that's just me.

To me, this seems like a very easy choice. I'd go with option 2. Upgrade with a new PSU and GPU (but instead of the 1060, get the 2060, it's only $30 more with much better performance). Then, if you still aren't seeing the performance you want, you go with option 1 (and now you've bough a nice PSU and video card). The only wasted money would be the $10 for the PSU adapter.