Anyone use a vertical (ergonomic) mouse?

Radium_Angel

I bought a cheap one on sale (some no-name brand) from a newegg flash sale, and I really like the feel of it, and would like to get one that is well built and has a proper weight/ergonomic to it.

Suggestions from those that currently use one?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

While not totally vertical, the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic mouse is a really comfortable mouse to use, and not very expensive either. I've had one for a few years and I've been very satisfied. The rubber has started to wear, and there seems to be some connection issues (which is fine considering how much it's been in transport the last few years).

Logitech does make one, it's called MX Vertical. It's not cheap, but it it's anything like other Logitech devices in that range it has phenomenal build quality.

I'm currently using an MX Ergo for work in addition to a G305 wireless for the occational FPS gaming session (and an Xbox controller for most games).

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

Ive used the Anker wireless model, and the Mx vertical

They're both good (MX vert is too rich for a non gaming mouse IMO)

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

26 minutes ago, chckovsky said:

MX Vertical

Yeah, I've seen the price tags on that. I"ve never been all that impressed with Logitech gear so there's that. I may have to revisit my opinion...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

3 minutes ago, KING OF THE DIRTY DANS said:

Anker wireless

How's the fit/finish/feel?

The one I got is hard plastic, and feel less solid than a paper airplane. Looking for something with a softer rubberized coating on it...

15 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

How's the fit/finish/feel?

The one I got is hard plastic, and feel less solid than a paper airplane. Looking for something with a softer rubberized coating on it...

Its a mouse, matte

Its like any office mouse

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

I have a Evoluent VerticalMouse at work an I hate it. It does it's job of relieving my elbow pain just fine. But it's otherwise a terrible mouse. I'm constantly fighting the poor accuracy. It's heavy and awkward to hold and clicking on small stuff takes 2 or 3 times longer than it should.

37 minutes ago, geo3 said:

Evoluent VerticalMouse

Looking at that mouse, mine looks like a knockoff of it, so I can see why you hate it.

At work I use one from the brand R-Go tools. Other than the (IMO) too heavy middle mousebutton it's pretty good.

A mouse like this is not the ergonomic magic bullet though, I feel like your desk should be tall enough to have a 90 degree bend between your upper and lower arm for it to properly work.

The mouse itself is pretty decent otherwise, but I am not someone who is really into mice, so couldn't accurately judge the sensor accuracy and such... From my unprofessional opinion I can say it works well

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 hours ago, Minibois said:

ergonomic magic bullet though

I totally agree. It's just a nice change from the "standard" ones.